what is your UPS career route?

SafeYARDdog

Hopefully become FT driver and retire and live a happy healthy life.
Some of them end up with Obesity, Diabetes...then DVT--> Stroke or PE on the road.
I didn't mention about ice-skiing in Winter since the tractor-trailer runs non-stop.:D
Pros: Some time Feeders go home happy with free-freaking deers. I love food from Deer.

Last edited:

Some of them end up with Obesity, Diabetes...then DVT--> Stroke or PE on the road.
I didn't mention about ice-skiing in Winter since the tractor-trailer runs non-stop.:D
Pros: Some time Feeders go home happy with free-freaking deers. I love food from Deer.
I've had DVT and PE... Can happen to anyone at any time.

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
Man it's crazy to see how many of y'all stayed with UPS THROUGHOUT THE DECADES. I look forward to it too. I'm only 22, that like most of yall tenures haha.
Started 3/21/13 and started driving in 10/14. TCD until I get a route this year maybe.
About to hit 2 years at UPS.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Full time in less than a year? Took me 6 years.
Had a guy get a route at just over 6 months. Deserves it too IMO. Was working 3 jobs when he started. Has the worst route in the building by far. Never seen him without a smile on his face. The dude almost cried when he made it to his 30. I said "You made it! You should be happy!" Guy says "I am happy. I finally get to spoil my kids for Christmas."

Hired as a Local Sorter 05/2013. Started as a belt sorter, moved to smalls sorter, and I would do address corrections post sort.
Moved to the sort supervisor 09/2014. Hoping to finish up college next year and try and get a gig flying for UPS. I was promised the same thing the seasonal drivers are told during orientation, except I got the "Oh you can fly for us in no time for sure!" How naive I was back then....

Props to you guys who have gone through so many years. I can't imagine doing this so long. My grandfather was a driver in the first building they opened in CT way back when. Still tells me stories from when he was a driver. Can't believe how different everything was back then.

KaiserTom

Started last December as preloader (what a horrible decision that was, but at least it gave me perspective?).

Intend to become PT Sup and then bail once I get my degree in 6 years, my head is too far in the clouds to stay here the rest of my life (no offense to anyone who makes this a career).

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Moved to the sort supervisor 09/2014. Hoping to finish up college next year and try and get a gig flying for UPS. I was promised the same thing the seasonal drivers are told during orientation, except I got the "Oh you can fly for us in no time for sure!" How naive I was back then....

You're joking, right? You honestly think you'll have any shot at flying for UPS? Unless you have many years of flight experience, it's not gonna happen

F

FrigidAdCorrector

You're joking, right? You honestly think you'll have any shot at flying for UPS? Unless you have many years of flight experience, it's not gonna happen
The flight instructor I had for my private pilots license flies for UPS now and he's 25.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

And? What did he do before he taught you? I didn't say anything about age, it's about experience behind the "wheel"
He went to a four year university for aviation and then was a flight instructor. He didn't have years and years of experience when he got the job. He was 3 years out of college when he started flying for UPS.

I'm not expecting to get my degree and hop into a 767 if that is what you are getting at.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
P/T Inside/Outside
P/T Supervisor
friend/T Driver
friend/T Operations Supervisor
friend/T Human Resources
friend/T District IE
friend/T Region IE
friend/T Corporate IE Liaison
friend/T Corporate Project Manager
friend/T Corporate Project Initiative Coordinator
friend/T UPS Retiree

Sparkey86

Started 1986, 8 yrs PT car wash ( had it made ) got hitched (mistake) started delivery in 94. 1 kid by then 21 years later kid number 2 and feeder qualified for the last 2 years . Retirement...when they peel my lifeless fingers from around the steering wheel. Sooner rather than later it seems.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Started 1986, 8 yrs PT car wash ( had it made ) got hitched (mistake) started delivery in 94. 1 kid by then 21 years later kid number 2 and feeder qualified for the last 2 years . Retirement...when they peel my lifeless fingers from around the steering wheel. Sooner rather than later it seems.

21 years between kids? Really??

Steward773

1992 driver helper
1993 - 1996 preload/Sat. air driver
1996 - 2001 pkg. car cover driver
2001 - 2011 full time pkg. car driver
2011 Art. 22.3 local sort shifter
2013 Art. 22.3 preload shifter

I would like to go feeder my last few years to bank some cash for retirement, the minute I can go I'M OUT!

Shep92

Got hired 4/13 PT as a loader. Still loading now. Want to eventually become a package delivery driver and stay there as long as I can.