what job should i apply in hub

Pollocknbrown

learn your primary sort test, best job if u got a bad back or anything, but if ur shoulders are bad don't take it, ur shoulders will take a beat down.

Pollocknbrown

when you unload, do u have a person who follows you to your door and takes all your packages on seperate belts? that is your sorter, they know the primary sort test. That is the first time they are sorted (hence primary). After that it travels to the PD's and the pick-offs, those people know the secondary sorts for what box goes to which truck etc.... the primary is pretty easy if your good with numbers and colors, or good with maps and colors. for instance in my hub every west of the mississippi river (including the state) goes to one belt, while texas, Parts of Cali, and all the states from nebraska north to north dakota go to other belts. you would have to know which belt for which box etc. its really easier than it looks, once u get the hang of it, its like second nature.

kenmei

when you unload, do u have a person who follows you to your door and takes all your packages on seperate belts? that is your sorter, they know the primary sort test. That is the first time they are sorted (hence primary). After that it travels to the PD's and the pick-offs, those people know the secondary sorts for what box goes to which truck etc.... the primary is pretty easy if your good with numbers and colors, or good with maps and colors. for instance in my hub every west of the mississippi river (including the state) goes to one belt, while texas, Parts of Cali, and all the states from nebraska north to north dakota go to other belts. you would have to know which belt for which box etc. its really easier than it looks, once u get the hang of it, its like second nature.

how can i apply it?

Pollocknbrown

You don't apply, you go to one of your FT supes (asking the part-time supes is useless) and ask for a sort sheet, they will provide u with one, you study that then u have to get one of the FT supes to create an account for u on the PCs in the HUB to study on the PC (its alot easier on the PC), then u take the test (have to get a 98 or higher to pass). print out the results, take them to your FT sup and ask him if you can be put in the aisle, generally they dont have a problem with it and do it with in a week or two. then you just go up there and do you job and after 35 hrs in the aisle you get you dollar more an hr. doesnt seem like much but it adds up.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
You can't apply for any specific job. Rather, there should be a "preferred jobs list". Please refer to Article 22, Section 4, fourth pararaph. Ask your union shop steward to explain how it is implemented in your building. Then get your name on that list (and check to see how many people are ahead of you). One caveat: read and understand the commitment required of a designated (HAZMAT) responder and when they are allowed to leave the position (only in a narrow time frame once a year, and only after a replacement has been trained, as I recall).