What kind of sunglasses?

BUCN85

What have you guys found to be the most suitable and comfortable sunglasses? I have a very nice pair of oakleys (4+2)squared. But the problem is they are rather expensive so I'm looking for something a lot less cheaper they can take a little bit of a beating and scratch but not worry so much because of the price.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What have you guys found to be the most suitable and comfortable sunglasses? I have a very nice pair of oakleys (4+2)squared. But the problem is they are rather expensive so I'm looking for something a lot less cheaper they can take a little bit of a beating and scratch but not worry so much because of the price.
Maui Jims for the win, best optics IMHO. I have these,
I like them over the Kanaha because of the closer lens placement and less likely to snap. The warranty can't be beat either. I wore them to New Orleans St Patrick's day and my wife accidentally crushed them and broke the frames in half. I called up Maui Jim's toll free number and explained I'd like to get the frames fixed ($60). She said just pay for the postage and we'll do it for free. A week later I got a package in the mail and it was a brand new set of Banyan's and they never charged me. I called back up and told her I'd like to complement them on their customer service and I'd tell anyone I could when the opportunity arose. So yeah, I love that company. When you purchase something of quality and get a warranty such as this, you make up for 5 pairs of cheapo China crap. The optics are made in Japan and Italy, in case you're wondering.

BrownTexas

I got mine from the dollar store. Spent $1.08. Have had them longer than any other pair. If I drop them, hit them on the rear door when it wasn't accidentally all the way up, or whatever else.... Who cares. Only a $1.08. Most sunglasses are marked up 300%.

jbg77

Maui jim is the best and ive owned oakley, ray ban, peppers fielding etc. Im only part time and cover drive but have worked outside for 19 years on the lake

Indecisi0n

gay_glasses.jpg

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I just go to Dollar General and buy a pair of six dollar shades that fit. Sometimes I get lucky sometimes I don't.

Maui Jims for the win, best optics IMHO.
I found a pair of Maui Jim's that I absolutely loved and asked the person at Target Optical how much they would be with my prescription and progressive lenses.
Even with our insurance, they would have been over $350 for the pair! Way too effing much $$ for my wallet!
I settled for a much cheaper pair made by SpyOptical. I got my progressive rx filled for around $150 after insurance. I don't use these at work.

Regular prescription glasses with transitions. Love them.
I tried them but they got dark even on cloudy days. I took them back and they remade the lenses w/out the auto-darkening feature. I use these for everyday reading and around the house.

I just go to Dollar General and buy a pair of six dollar shades that fit.

THIS!! I only use cheap shades at work because I know they take a beating. If they break or get scratched, I'm only out $6. I keep a pair in the bag I carry with me on my truck and leave them there at night so I don't forget and leave them in my personal vehicle.

BUCN85

Yeah I think I'm going to just find a cheap pair at the hardware store or something. I just don't wanna break or scratch $100 shades.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yeah I think I'm going to just find a cheap pair at the hardware store or something. I just don't wanna break or scratch $100 shades.
I think an Iwatch/Iphone thread would be interesting to start concerning how people value things differently. Some folks like me would wear $200 sunglasses to work because they aren't so much for fashion, but the actual use of the optics while driving doesn't give me headaches and the fit is great for me. I'm more concerned about my Iphone getting broke or scratched vs my sunglasses.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You should look at your sunglasses like an investment. You're on road 40+ hours a week in sunlight, you're going to use them. I defected from Oakley and bought Maui Jims and absolutely adore them. Very comfortable and look good.

9.5er

I've always been an Oakley kinda guy. Been wearing them since I was fresh out of high school. My current pair are 6 or 7 years old and have just recently started to get scratches on them.
Spend the money on a good quality pair and you will take care of them. Buy a cheap pair and you are more likely to break or loose them. IMO

BUCN85

You should look at your sunglasses like an investment. You're on road 40+ hours a week in sunlight, you're going to use them. I defected from Oakley and bought Maui Jims and absolutely adore them. Very comfortable and look good.
I have 2 pairs of oakleys. 1 I have for work. But I just like them so much. They fit perfect the lenses are great. And I just don't want to break them because. Shelling out another $100 for sunglasses is something I don't wanna do. But I do see your point of the investment.