What really happened to your Pension?... (Long Post)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What does UPS' pay have to do with anything? She doesn't play for the Knicks, she doesn't work for UPS.

Lets see. UPS driver and FedEx courier....many similarities.
FedEx courier and NBA starter...no similarities
An apple is not a watermelon, and a watermelon is not an apple Dano. Sorry, back to the drawing board.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Lets see. UPS driver and FedEx courier....many similarities.
FedEx courier and NBA starter...no similarities
An apple is not a watermelon, and a watermelon is not an apple Dano. Sorry, back to the drawing board.

And we don't work for UPS or the Knicks. If you want UPS pay, go work at UPS.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And we don't work for UPS or the Knicks. If you want UPS pay, go work at UPS.

No, I work for FedEx, and I expect to be compensated fairly for the job I do. But we do work in a very similar industry..almost identical. This is more of an AFL/NFL or ABA/NBA question. Same job, but vastly different pay.

59 Dano

No, I work for FedEx, and I expect to be compensated fairly for the job I do. But we do work in a very similar industry..almost identical.

You left UPS to work at FedEx when you knew the pay wasn't as good as UPS. You are compensated fairly.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You left UPS to work at FedEx when you knew the pay wasn't as good as UPS. You are compensated fairly.

No. I worked as a seasonal feeder temp at UPS, and was never a permanent employee. When I went to work as an RTD, pay was within $2 per hour of UPS. Obviously, FedEx hasn't kept pace. Compensated fairly? What illogic do you base that comment on? Our pay hasn't been equitable for a long time.

59 Dano

Compensated fairly? What illogic do you base that comment on?

I'm going by your actions. I wouldn't (and haven't) stuck around when I felt that I wasn't compensated fairly. For all of your complaining about how you're worth more than you're being paid, why haven't you gone to another employer who will pay you what you think you're worth?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm going by your actions. I wouldn't (and haven't) stuck around when I felt that I wasn't compensated fairly. For all of your complaining about how you're worth more than you're being paid, why haven't you gone to another employer who will pay you what you think you're worth?

I, and many others, made career decisions based on promises that FedEx would always remain a superior place to work.Every single one of those promises have been broken. Once you hit your mid 40's, you aren't nearly as employable as a younger person, or did you know that? If I'd know about all the takeaways in advance, I never would have stayed, and neither would most of the other long-term employees at Express.

I've got mine, in the sense that both my wage and pension are topped-out, but most people don't, and that's what really bothers me.It disgusts me to see hard-working employees get jacked-around every single day, with no options other than quitting. FedEx is a dishonest, unethical employer. Your presence here confirms that because they aren't truthful enough to defend themselves in plain English. Instead, FedEx trots out folks who intentionally try and turn the conversation to what's good about FedEx, which isn't much.