What scam are they running?

Heist

I just started a new route and one of my stops sends a bunch of packages out everyday through Ground and quite a few through Express. The driver before me told me that they do something shady there and he doesn't ask questions. I noticed that at least some of their Express packages have the wrong "from" address but I didn't check them all. The one I did glance at had some address in another state.

I'm new so I don't have any idea what they're trying to pull. Tax evasion? Stolen goods? Does FedEx have no way to catch this sort of behavior, if it is illegal? They send out a couple international but I forgot to check if the addresses were right on those.

Heist

I've never been told to look out for this sort of thing in training so it must not be something I should worry about as a Courier. I just better not get into trouble if they get caught doing what they're doing.

hypo hanna

I've never been told to look out for this sort of thing in training so it must not be something I should worry about as a Courier. I just better not get into trouble if they get caught doing what they're doing.
Have you heard of the phrase, "plausible deniability"?

CJinx

Amazon Marketplace and Walmart come to mind. The return address on the label does not always match the origin of the package and/or the origin address associated with the shipper number. In Walmart's case, they want any returns (refused boxes, damages, etc) to be forwarded to one location regardless of where it shipped from originally.

Some customers do this by having the package sent to their home/office with a return address either matching that or to a PO box or something. Just makes it a hassle to return if it comes to that.

Lastly, some companies out there ship products that, uh... require discreet shipping. Nondescript cardboard boxes, a generic return address formatted to appear like a residential which ideally is less likely to draw attention to the fact that the consignee is getting a sex toy. :surprised:

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Amazon Marketplace and Walmart come to mind. The return address on the label does not always match the origin of the package and/or the origin address associated with the shipper number. In Walmart's case, they want any returns (refused boxes, damages, etc) to be forwarded to one location regardless of where it shipped from originally.

Some customers do this by having the package sent to their home/office with a return address either matching that or to a PO box or something. Just makes it a hassle to return if it comes to that.

Lastly, some companies out there ship products that, uh... require discreet shipping. Nondescript cardboard boxes, a generic return address formatted to appear like a residential which ideally is less likely to draw attention to the fact that the consignee is getting a sex toy. :surprised:

Ummm ... how do you know about the sex toy shipments ...

Nevermind ... messing with you.