What supplemental article are we talking about?

Inthegame

Healthcare is a big one for me. I want the plan setup that you have. Also getting paid for some of my lunch break. Its crazy that in my local we have to take a none paid lunch. If this is no way a option, then some other stuff. More personal days, sick days, vacations, allowed to show tattoos...

And these people get to vote...

Delivered

At this time the CS Healthcare is doing fine without us. Do not confuse it with the CS pension plan.

I have had 401k at multiple companies, and I would always prefer the pension over the 401k (provided my pension plan was being managed properly). I have watched my grandfather collect his properly run Teamster pension since the early 80's. It's a beautiful thing.

Call me crazy and of course were not in 1980 anymore, but I'm sure the PBGC will have to take over the Central States Pension fund. I understand the Insurance and Pension sides are not intertwined, but why do we need to be placed into that insurance group. Give us a chance to set up our own fund and join another teamster plan elsewhere in the country. And what will everyone do when UPS wants out of the Pension business, just as the want out of the insurance business?

stink219

Stink, does it bother you that the national cannot be ratified until the supplements and riders that went down in flames are catered to first?
Not at all. It's the process. If we strike, I'll be the first one barking on the line. I never ever said anyone sucked because they voted no. Everyone gets a vote, everyone has that right to vote their choice. What I don't like is the untruths that were going around. I never forced my opinion on people at work. I informed them where to read the TA and vote. If they asked my opinion, I offered and said why. And if you look way way back in my posts, I even said that the healthcare issue should have been a supplemental one in the first place. Maybe this will force it to be. Who knows. But if you think it bothers me that there is a hold on ratification, not at all. People understand why the NO voters are upset. Just seems like they refuse to see why someone would vote YES.

stink219

Its crazy that in my local we have to take a none paid lunch. If this is no way a option, then some other stuff. More personal days, sick days, vacations, allowed to show tattoos...
Does anywhere give a paid lunch at UPS? I don't. Tattoos, do you have a copy of the appearance guidelines? The word tattoo does not exist in the appearance standard on the east coast, it also isn't included in the contract nor the UPS policy book. I still can't believe that TDU local (who shall remain nameless) botched that who thing up.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Not at all. It's the process. If we strike, I'll be the first one barking on the line. I never ever said anyone sucked because they voted no. Everyone gets a vote, everyone has that right to vote their choice. What I don't like is the untruths that were going around. I never forced my opinion on people at work. I informed them where to read the TA and vote. If they asked my opinion, I offered and said why. And if you look way way back in my posts, I even said that the healthcare issue should have been a supplemental one in the first place. Maybe this will force it to be. Who knows. But if you think it bothers me that there is a hold on ratification, not at all. People understand why the NO voters are upset. Just seems like they refuse to see why someone would vote YES.

I was one of those active Southern California members that loudly spoke against the TA, took days off, printed flyers and drove hundreds of miles to educate Southern California UPSers how terrible this TA was. I volunteered my own time and spent my own money with no monetary compensation. However, I received the ultimate compensation on Saturday afternoon when I found out that the Southwest Rider and Western Supplement were buried!

I still don't get how people think CS H&W is the same as CS Pension. They're entirely different. H&W has 13 months of savings and is in great shape. I'm in Washington and I know that...how is that people in the plan don't know?
This is the problem. It's the same people running it. Second, the guys running it will never come see me in NJ. If my healthcare is locally. Then I can see my BCs when the come to the building or I can pop in at the hall. Third, the CS boys voted down their supplement to. It wouldn't surprise me if it's about their healthcare to.

Does anywhere give a paid lunch at UPS? I don't. Tattoos, do you have a copy of the appearance guidelines? The word tattoo does not exist in the appearance standard on the east coast, it also isn't included in the contract nor the UPS policy book. I still can't believe that TDU local (who shall remain nameless) botched that who thing up.
In the master. The appearance guidelines states that the company can change the guidelines anyway at anytime they see fit. Which means tattoos is a no no.... Thanks for being my stew, but been there, done that. Got walked off property because of it. Lucky to come back and off my record. If you know any one that has won this let me know. I'll get some info off you and try to beat this.

On the other issue, DOT states that if you are on the clock as a DOT driver. You have to take a half hour break by law. Nowhere does it state that you have to take a hour break. So why do we have to take a hour lunch and none of it is paid. I'm not saying it should all be paid but the 30 minutes should be.

stink219

Check your supplement on the lunch issue. In ours it read:
(d) Except for meal time, working time for all employees shall start when they are instructed to report and do report at the Operating Center, Subcenter or Hub and shall continue until relieved from duty at same regardless of occupation. Employees shall be allowed time out for meals which shall be one (1) hour and shall not begin until the employee has worked four (4) hours except for inside employees whose lunch hour may begin after they have worked three and one-half (3 1/2) hours, but must begin before he has com- pleted five (5) hours of work. Any employee who is ordered to work during any part of his meal period shall be paid for the full meal period and shall be allowed and must take twenty (20) minutes to eat lunch and such time shall be considered as time worked. Any employee who is ordered to work during any part of meal period shall be guaranteed nine (9) hours' pay for that day.

I may have some info on a few cases for you. I can at least get you the guidelines used in deciding if the tattoos are excessive.

brown_trousers

I know you enjoy stirring the pot, but seriously... :clubbing:

From what I've read on BC, many of our conservative-leaning friends have displayed the most entitlement. I'd say ironic, but it really isn't. ;)

I feel VERY entitled... to the money I myself earn at UPS. You can take everything else, just nothing out of my paycheck ;)

So you think that the locals voting down the supplments is a good thing.

must take twenty (20) minutes to eat lunch and such time shall be considered as time worked.
This could go to 30 minutes. DOT is really seriously about this. They will be giving fines out on this issue. As a steward you could be breaking new ground. Just to warn you brother look out.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I feel VERY entitled... to the money I myself earn at UPS. You can take everything else, just nothing out of my paycheck ;)

If you're like the typical driver, you'll take both the money you earned and the money I earned (through contract concessions to prop up your wage, of course ;) ).

Check your supplement on the lunch issue. In ours it read:
(d) Except for meal time, working time for all employees shall start when they are instructed to report and do report at the Operating Center, Subcenter or Hub and shall continue until relieved from duty at same regardless of occupation. Employees shall be allowed time out for meals which shall be one (1) hour and shall not begin until the employee has worked four (4) hours except for inside employees whose lunch hour may begin after they have worked three and one-half (3 1/2) hours, but must begin before he has com- pleted five (5) hours of work. Any employee who is ordered to work during any part of his meal period shall be paid for the full meal period and shall be allowed and must take twenty (20) minutes to eat lunch and such time shall be considered as time worked. Any employee who is ordered to work during any part of meal period shall be guaranteed nine (9) hours' pay for that day.

I may have some info on a few cases for you. I can at least get you the guidelines used in deciding if the tattoos are excessive.
Are supplement says that their is no working on your meal period. Not one minute.

reydluap

I still don't get how people think CS H&W is the same as CS Pension. They're entirely different. H&W has 13 months of savings and is in great shape. I'm in Washington and I know that...how is that people in the plan don't know?

I know they are different. But if our benefits are included in the company contract, it will not likely to change during the course of the 5 year contract. Where ad if Central States Teamcare can change the plan/cost at about any time. I just don't trust a hearsay agreement with empty promises. Just give me the facts in black and white please.