What symbolizes America to you

Future

Victory Ride
My father served in Vietnam and wrote this song about The Wall. His name won’t give away my super secret identity so I can upload it here from YouTube.

Even though he originally recorded it when he was in his late 30s he made this version when he was in his late 60s so forgive him for sing talking his way through the song.

Now in fairness to him and to show how good his voice once was , I have to include a song he wrote and recorded when he was about 30. He was commissioned by a guy who wanted to ride a horse from California to New York to show up just about when the Statue of Liberty's facelift was complete.

Well, the "cowboy" started his trek and his horse broke down in Oklahoma. While stuck there for a few days, he met a girl and got married and never completed the ride.

So my father never got the exposure he was hoping for his song.

Well here it is , the way he thought the completed ride would have went.

P

pickup

You made me cry ... but a proud cry

Well to be fair if you are referring to the song , then he made you cry.

Made me a little emotional as well as I haven’t heard that song in awhile . Knowing that his music is popping up on YouTube, I searched for the song and was pleasantly suprised to find it.

I will rewrite Dan Fogelberg’s line from Leader Of the Band and apply it to him “He tried to be a musician once but the war wouldn’t wait”

And just for the record, he got drafted.

And he is still alive and well in his early 70s , performing at the occasional cowboy poetry festivals and selling cds out of his guitar case.

Future

Victory Ride
Well to be fair if you are referring to the song , then he made you cry.

Made me a little emotional as well as I haven’t heard that song in awhile . Knowing that his music is popping up on YouTube, I searched for the song and was pleasantly suprised to find it.

I will rewrite Dan Fogelberg’s line from Leader Of the Band and apply it to him “He tried to be a musician once but the war wouldn’t wait”

And just for the record, he got drafted.

And he is still alive and well in his early 70s , performing at the occasional cowboy poetry festivals and selling cds out of his guitar case.
I have much respect for individuals who fought in that war ... I heard stories from some brave men ... only 2 see what this country did 2 them upon their return ... I am well versed in the knowledge of their on goings

El Correcto

god is dead
Hopkins Vs Trinidad in Madison square garden following the 9/11 attacks.

Hopkins the slight underdog sold advertising space on his back to Golden Palace an online gambling site for around 15k and then bet the money on himself to win the fight, which he did schooling Trinidad.

It’s got it all, a black man being boo’d while still supporting his country in a time of need. American beating up immigrant labor. September 11th. Arrogance and defying people to make a buck, without the odds in your favor.

Last edited:

Whitelexus

upload_2019-1-13_15-2-27.jpeg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I have much respect for individuals who fought in that war ... I heard stories from some brave men ... only 2 see what this country did 2 them upon their return ... I am well versed in the knowledge of their on goings
You mean what the Liberals did
Or
The country in general.