What the heck are the B, C for on my DIAD?!

atatbl

Those options are available to use if the management of an operation chooses to utilize them. That is why you've gotten three different answers here that are probably all correct. [ncamara]'s operation uses C for HAZMATS. They get allowances for those. It's conceivable that some operations would need a specific time allowance for 2nd day air also. It isn't that way where I'm at, so I can't speak to that. I would definitely say that most operations only use the A for next day air since most operations have a stopping point specifically for dropping off 1DA in your PM routine.

Those of you getting an allowance for internationals; whether or not you know it, that allowance has been substantially reduced. I won't go into the statistics here because I will just get told I'm wrong; but, it's a fact that international packages' processing is getting more and more streamlined everyday. This is for good reason. International shipping made easy is and will be more and more critical in the coming year.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Soooo...What I'm getting here is that no supe, ANYWHERE, has ever given what the proper procedure is for this? Why doesn't that surprise me anymore? I really hope they never put a shiny, red, unlabled, self destruct button on our cars because you know our supes would just tell us, 'Oh, that? Don't worry about that, it's not important'...You know we'd all just push it...Ok, well, I would! ;)
It used to be for b was 2nd day air so they could get a count, and c was for pkgs you had to drop of at the clerk. But they took it away as it gave us the time to actually account for our time, dropping bad adds takes time. It used to be we just stuck stickers on the rts, and dropped off the bad adds, now we have to unload them, write down the last four digits and the reason on a sheet of paper at the clerk station. Wait in line at the station, none of this was figured in our 20 yr old time study. Nor was waiting 6 deep at the pump. I could go on but its fruitless. And once again if you asked 20 different sups youd get 10 Ill check on it, 5, I'll get back to you, and 5 saying :dont_know:

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
Here RecA is for air, RecC used to be for ground, but we were told a few months ago that we were no longer allowed to enter anything into RecC and doing so was considered falsifying delivery records. As far as I know we've never used RecB. According to the manual that came with DIAD 3, they're just for keeping stats for the centre if that centre chooses to use RecB and Rec C. RecA is the only field that adds to our time allowance here.