What the Heck?

BrownShark

Banned
My comments will exclude Diesel, as i know he understands this issue very well..,

For those of you who continue to drink the right wing cool-aid, and blame "environmental whackos" because this is the "message" that is sold to you over and over and over by Rush and Fox news, its time for you all to invest a little research into your brains!

The exec from Shell himself stated: "anwar has the potential to produce 15 million barrels a day with 3 million barrels a day designated to the United States." "the other 15 million barrels to be sold on the open market"

Now, 3 million barrels a day wont make a dent on oil prices in the United States, but the real intention is clear.

The Oil companies want to be "bigger" oil players to the world, India and China are buying from other sources and drilling in anwar and off shore only puts them into a "bigger" oil role.

Its not about finding oil and making things better for the United States people.

If the Oil companies want to drill in anwar and off shore, or heck, let them drill in yellowstone for all I care, but ALL THE OIL FOUND STAYS IN THE UNITED STATES!

Of course, that will never happen because its all a bunch of baloney.

Additionally, you all have the wrong argument. This is whats really funny.

Its not about getting more oil, its about REFINING capacity. We covered this already. The Oil companies along with George Bush 1 and his administration and energy friends (oil companies) REDUCED americas refining capacity by 50% during his term!

This action is well documented and its intention was to drive up the cost of oil over the next 21 years, and it has. Now with GW Bush in control, the cost of Oil has skyrocketed 253% since he took office?

A master plan you could say.

Lets ask this question and see where you all stand:

In 2000, a gallon of gasoline was averaging $1.32 when Bush took office, at that time, both the House and the Senate were now controlled by the republicans,

"why in 6 years before they got thrown out of control, did they not pass effective legislation allowing drilling in anwar or offshore when the had the House, Senate & Presidency???"

The democrats could have done NOTHING to stop them.

But they didn't and they wouldnt. The republicans collectively ALLOWED the price to skyrocket and when they lost control of the legislative branch, they now want to blame democrats for inaction.

A simple political bait and switch.

All the talking heads use terms like "Enviromental Whackos" prevent us from drilling, yet, the republicans themselves are too blame.

Had they voted to drill in 2000, Bush would have signed it into law, and we'd be in the 5 year of preparations for drilling in anwar or the continental shelf. Unfortunately, this wasnt the plan.

The plan is a simple one folks. Drive the price of oil soo high, we as americans will allow them to drill anywhere for any reason.

And that reason is profit. Profit from selling to China, India and where ever rather in the United States. When only 3 million barrels a day are designated to the US, and 15 million barrels designated for open market, the real intention is clear.

Wake up you propaganda clowns. Put the right wing cool-aid down and drink a fresh bottle of water.

Its amazing how many on this blog simply repeat right wing propaganda from the radio. Its embarrassing when someone sez there should be a test for voting...

I say, there should be a test for listening and comprehension.

AS for Maxine Waters, what was so troubling about her comments? A sound bite where she is caught between thoughts, she stumbles, so what?

Ive heard Bush sound like a complete maroon time after time, after time, after time...

Nationalizing Oil may be in the countries best interests in the future, only time will tell. This isnt a new concept, its been talked about for decades.

The goverments job is to protect its "citizens" not corporations profits.

There is no constitutional protection for profits, just people.

It may well come down to that principle someday. Corporations may not like it, but they put themselves in the position where it has to be discussed.

AS for Hugo Chavez, who was mentioned in the clip, its funny how hes demonized for nationalizing his oil, yet people in venezuela pay less than 50 cents a gallon for gas. He sounds like a real monster.

Oil is the real demon here, if we do not find an alternative source of energy somehow, Oil will lead to the demise of this country.

Its our inherent greed for bigger and better than keeps us as Americans in this mess..

Giant cars that guzzel gas, giant trucks that burn rediculous amounts of fuel just to go to the store. Housewives driving large SUV's 2 blocks to take one kid to school or pick up a gallon of milk...

This waste of oil is our fault.

Downsizing as they have done in Europe is the short term answer.

Driving smaller cars and trucks for personal use should be the rule not the exception.

Producing larger trucks with giant engines so some redneck below the mason dixon line can date his sister is a complete waste of time.

Consumption is the key, we have to reduce consumption, not increase oil to match our consumption.

Here in my parts, if you have aboat and take it to the river, fuel on the river costs $6.50 cents a gallon. The result, river towns are drying up, no one is visiting as in the past. Shops are closing, hotels are shutting down and this hurts the economy.

So I ask you right wing supporters to listen, learn, act and please stop repeating every talking head comments as if they are facts....havent you learn your lessons yet? Youve had 8 years of experience.

Peace:peaceful:

diesel96

Ok, where do I begin.....If Tieguy was being sarcastic, you got me..I give you that. I found it a little strange that the force was moving him from the dark side...:wink2: I guess he's still Darth Vader.

Av8 said:
On one of the Wright videos it took almost two hours to find one from Fox while I ignored all the other sources. This story has been reported on other news sources and my joke is the way you and others respond and completely ignore the content because of the Fox logo. It is very funny to me.

Since these two "shock jocks" Hannity and O'Reily employeed by FNC claimed they both broke the Rev Wright story, (actually It was the NY Times and ABC) is it "fair and balanced" to question that it took two hours to find it on Fox.

AV8 said:
Well first of all my question has always been why does someone vote for the likes of this person. &
Poor old Waters is just a victim of Fox because they did not report on what you see as important.

You answered your own question by posting her Bio; --it's actually pretty impressive(it doesn't mean I support her and her comment, so don't get all huffy)

In this case your news source Fox chose the opportunity (once again with a soundbite) to embarrass a Democrat for the purpose of ratings and innuendoes and instead of creating a point of actually learning something of importance from the broadcast instead we learn nothing except Maxine wants to be like Hugo Chavez.

AV8 said:
OK here is how I come to my conclusion. I will use you and some of your posts to represent the larger group and the way they must think. I am guessing somewhere inside you probably do not think that the Constitution gives the Federal government the power to take over all the oil companies. This would also apply to health care and retirement. You made the choice to ignore this.

The oil co.'s are profitting on a product that releases carbon into our air contributing as a Health hazard and a Enviromental hazard. So yes IMO we should regulate more emphasis on finding alternative energy.The Oil Co's only offering a drop in the bucket from their $40 billion dollar a year profits. Healthcare doesn't effect our enviroment unless someone has a farting problem. Profiteers from healthcare are literally killing people from lack or unaffordable coverage. So IMO the gov't should step in to supercede the greed.

AV8 said:
The next part was the hardest part for me to understand because I know of nobody who thinks this way. You come across as a victim of everything. Fox news should report on gas prices because nobody knows the cost of gas. Poor old Waters is just a victim of Fox because they did not report on what you see as important. I am guessing since you think Oil companies are bad you feel like you are a victim of their high prices.

There's a difference between those who stand not to become victims and those who are intentional victims for the sake of leaning on one side of the fence and taking a stance on issues you may even have reservations about. Do you think the Oil Co's give a cr@p about you? Being such an ardent supporter of venture capitalists are you unwilling to even fathom that we are being told to bend over and let Rover take over. Not only are we all victims of greed but your agreeing to let Bubba make you anal retentive. I think we all agree, that global demand and not enough oil being pumped is the contributing factor of oil prices. That's not the issue here, it's their unwillingness for put forth less profit for more agressive energy innovations and ease prices for the good of the economy.

AV8 said:
Yes I was curious to see how you and others would defend this. The way you defended it was to be some kind of victim of Fox news and just try anything to change the subject.

Sorry but to many Fox "enquiring News" is offensive to many. Here's a broadcast on the same subject by a reputable agency CNN which is actually informative..

AV8 said:
I often wonder why the people that vote for Democrats the most are the ones harmed the most by their policies. From what I gather from your posts they just do a good job at playing on you willingness to be a victim.

The same can be said for those that vote Republican in the south and midwest in all those small rural countys where everyone is economically challenged with limited or no healthcare and good jobs leaving elsewhere and overseas and lacking opportunities, but hey they can still cling to their guns and religion and attend Sean Hannity "Freedom Concerts" with what little or no money they have waving the flag on cue. Who's the real victims here? At least Democrats know their getting screw even by their own congress.:whiteflag:

brett636

My comments will exclude Diesel, as i know he understands this issue very well..,

For those of you who continue to drink the right wing cool-aid, and blame "environmental whackos" because this is the "message" that is sold to you over and over and over by Rush and Fox news, its time for you all to invest a little research into your brains!

The exec from Shell himself stated: "anwar has the potential to produce 15 million barrels a day with 3 million barrels a day designated to the United States." "the other 15 million barrels to be sold on the open market"

Now, 3 million barrels a day wont make a dent on oil prices in the United States, but the real intention is clear.

The Oil companies want to be "bigger" oil players to the world, India and China are buying from other sources and drilling in anwar and off shore only puts them into a "bigger" oil role.

Its not about finding oil and making things better for the United States people.

If the Oil companies want to drill in anwar and off shore, or heck, let them drill in yellowstone for all I care, but ALL THE OIL FOUND STAYS IN THE UNITED STATES!

The oil companies operate on a worldwide basis, but I do agree with you that any and all oil we pump from our soil should stay within our economy.

Of course, that will never happen because its all a bunch of baloney.

Additionally, you all have the wrong argument. This is whats really funny.

Its not about getting more oil, its about REFINING capacity. We covered this already. The Oil companies along with George Bush 1 and his administration and energy friends (oil companies) REDUCED americas refining capacity by 50% during his term!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and this is the second time in your post that you are partially correct. Refining capacity is a major issue as a new refinery has not been built since 1976. Existing refineries are being limited by government regulations, as well as aging equipment. The problem here is that environmental wackos has made it too expensive and difficult to build a new refinery in this country. We need refineries to be built on the coast line in order to be able to accept oil shipments, and as soon as it is announced that one might be built environmental wackos in groups like the sierra club, and green peace take the oil companies to court and keep it there for years.

This action is well documented and its intention was to drive up the cost of oil over the next 21 years, and it has. Now with GW Bush in control, the cost of Oil has skyrocketed 253% since he took office?
Fact: Oil was trading at $58 a barrel when the democrats took over Congress. This was 6 years into the Bush presidency. Now if your going to find a political target to paint the blame on for this mess the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the democrats who have paralyzed Congress since they took over. In fact I went fulltime in Nov. of 2006, and on my route was a gas station selling gas for $1.83 a gallon. Today I cannot find a station for less than $3.95.

In 2000, a gallon of gasoline was averaging $1.32 when Bush took office, at that time, both the House and the Senate were now controlled by the republicans,
See above for response.

"why in 6 years before they got thrown out of control, did they not pass effective legislation allowing drilling in anwar or offshore when the had the House, Senate & Presidency???"

The democrats could have done NOTHING to stop them.

But they didn't and they wouldnt. The republicans collectively ALLOWED the price to skyrocket and when they lost control of the legislative branch, they now want to blame democrats for inaction.
From wikipedia "In December 2000, a Coast Guard report charged Alyeska with repeated safety violations at a Valdez terminal, causing prices to jump again. The administration of U.S. President George W. Bush pushed to perform exploratory drilling for oil and gas in and around the refuge. The House of Representatives voted in mid-2000 to allow drilling. In April 2002, the Senate rejected it."

A simple political bait and switch.

All the talking heads use terms like "Enviromental Whackos" prevent us from drilling, yet, the republicans themselves are too blame.

Had they voted to drill in 2000, Bush would have signed it into law, and we'd be in the 5 year of preparations for drilling in anwar or the continental shelf. Unfortunately, this wasnt the plan.
The house did vote to drill in 2000, but bush was not president so they waited until 2002 and the Senate rejected it. Bush never got to sign the legislation.

The plan is a simple one folks. Drive the price of oil soo high, we as americans will allow them to drill anywhere for any reason.

And that reason is profit. Profit from selling to China, India and where ever rather in the United States. When only 3 million barrels a day are designated to the US, and 15 million barrels designated for open market, the real intention is clear.

Wake up you propaganda clowns. Put the right wing cool-aid down and drink a fresh bottle of water.

Its amazing how many on this blog simply repeat right wing propaganda from the radio. Its embarrassing when someone sez there should be a test for voting...

I say, there should be a test for listening and comprehension.

AS for Maxine Waters, what was so troubling about her comments? A sound bite where she is caught between thoughts, she stumbles, so what?

Ive heard Bush sound like a complete maroon time after time, after time, after time...

Nationalizing Oil may be in the countries best interests in the future, only time will tell. This isnt a new concept, its been talked about for decades.

The goverments job is to protect its "citizens" not corporations profits.

There is no constitutional protection for profits, just people.

It may well come down to that principle someday. Corporations may not like it, but they put themselves in the position where it has to be discussed.

AS for Hugo Chavez, who was mentioned in the clip, its funny how hes demonized for nationalizing his oil, yet people in venezuela pay less than 50 cents a gallon for gas. He sounds like a real monster.

Oil is the real demon here, if we do not find an alternative source of energy somehow, Oil will lead to the demise of this country.

Its our inherent greed for bigger and better than keeps us as Americans in this mess..

Giant cars that guzzel gas, giant trucks that burn rediculous amounts of fuel just to go to the store. Housewives driving large SUV's 2 blocks to take one kid to school or pick up a gallon of milk...

This waste of oil is our fault.

Downsizing as they have done in Europe is the short term answer.

Driving smaller cars and trucks for personal use should be the rule not the exception.

Producing larger trucks with giant engines so some redneck below the mason dixon line can date his sister is a complete waste of time.

Consumption is the key, we have to reduce consumption, not increase oil to match our consumption.

Here in my parts, if you have aboat and take it to the river, fuel on the river costs $6.50 cents a gallon. The result, river towns are drying up, no one is visiting as in the past. Shops are closing, hotels are shutting down and this hurts the economy.

So I ask you right wing supporters to listen, learn, act and please stop repeating every talking head comments as if they are facts....havent you learn your lessons yet? Youve had 8 years of experience.

Peace:peaceful:

Perhaps it is you sir who needs to listen, learn, and act. Venezuela oil production has dropped since the government took over the oil industry there. The fact remains that without a drive for profit there is no incentive to find new reserves of oil, or to come up with new technologies to help extract oil from more exotic sources or to lower the cost of extracting current reserves. Without a drive for profit there is no incentive to do what is necessary to react to the rising cost of oil that we are seeing today. Currently oil companies are not allowed to drill right off our coastline, and as of now Cuba working with China is drilling right off the Florida coastline. Environmental wackos are not the whole problem, but they make up the lions share. We need to ignore the mental midgets and do what is best for our economy as a whole.

av8torntn

Completely different from what I see of Republicans now they are willing to give up different freedoms in the name of religion which to me is as bad as you dems being so willing to give up those freedoms you are.[/quote]]

wkmac

Interesting article by Andrew Leonard:
Why Gas is so Expensive

I've seen other arguments related to Federal Reserve/US Gov't economic policy which I happen to believe does play a large factor although not the end all answer alone. The scary part in all of this is if prices continue ever higher, average folk will begin to fall towards Con. Waters slip of the tongue idea out of fear that they have no other recourse. IMO, it's a situation where chickens have continued to disappear from the henhouse and the surviving frightened chickens in a panic give all control to the Fox on the promise that he will fix the problem. The more probable real truth at the end of the day will show the real culprit to be a triangulation between gov't, the banking world and it's policy and the oil companies as well with some of what we see is a bit of the oil companies pushing back or pushing to get their way.

Oil for a number of years was super cheap ($10 to $30 a barrel) and by jacking the price out of sight, they can now bring back to $60 to $70 a barrel which would cut price at the pump probably over half but still just under $2 a gallon and people would think we've returned to the cheap gas days after facing $4 if not $5 a gal before this is over. We need to drill for our own as others here proposed but bringing this online will take a couple of years if not more. Back in the 1950's the British at the time tired to take Iraq oil offline in order to jack up world pricing as at the time they controlled alot of mideast oil. Much of the underpinning political unrest in the Mideast is fed today by the region being more studeous in remembering their own history unlike us here in the west. Seems taking Iraq oil offline has played it's game again!

Just for the sake of interest, you might take some time and study the history of Alaska oil and the entire ANWR region. It was actually first put aside in the 1920's for it's strategic purposes (I got that direct off the US Govt's own website) and the oil was not for common consumption, Then in the late 1970's, it was further codified by the Alaska Wilderness Act which was pushed by organizations like Sierra Club. AH-HA! Them ENVIRO-WACKO's you say? Well not quite. At the time, some of the largest financial contributors to these enviro-groups pushing to consolidate States lands into Federal control were none other than many of these evil oil companies we see today along with major timber business interests. These business persons knew that dealing with private property owners 1 on 1 would be risky, potentially less cost effective ie less profit as they would have to share more profit with the land owner and having all that land under one owner (federal gov't) would allow this a less costly approach to harvesting those resources.

Did anyone for one minute every consider the fact that we are in the middle of a squeeze play as 2 sides fight each other over a big doublecross?

:surprised: