What the Heck?

av8torntn

Congress is out of control. I am just curious to see how you guys defend this? Is that Cohen behind her? It looks like he is about to lose control.

Maxine Waters Wants to"Nationalize" the Oil Industry

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
"This liberal will be all about...Socializing......". That was classic. I would like to see how any politician can force OPEC to increase oil production so the price of gas will go down. I thought it was funny that politicians can dare criticize other people's salaries. It must be nice to have a job where you don't put in a five day work week and can vote yourself a raise after spending way over budget. There are a few of them in the Senate and Congress that are worth more than these oil execs. Both John McCain and John Kerry married well didn't they?

av8torntn

I ask the question, "How do we defend ourselves against this?"

I would say read the Constitution then go vote.:happy2: There is no reason to keep electing these people over and over again. For her to sit there and even suggest that Congress take over the oil companies you have to wonder if she ever has even heard of the Constitution. For people to keep electing her you have to wonder about public education as well.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
For people to keep electing her you have to wonder about public education as well.

Funny that you mention that, I have been wondering that for a long time. I will probably get slammed for this, but I think that there should be some kind of intelligence test that is taken in the voting booth before people vote. It could be easy. Maybe like a ten question multiple choice type that covers history and the way that this country is run. If you get seven right, then your vote would count, without you knowing your actual score. The questions would be simple, like "How many branches of government are there", "Who was the second President of the United States?", "Who spends your tax money?", or "What year did the War of 1812 start?". This would take care of a lot of problems in this country, some people are just too clueless to vote. JMHO:happy2:

av8torntn

The voters in her district should be horrified at these comments but the sad truth is they will likely cheer her on.

Overpaid Union Thug

Everyone directs the blame for high gas prices at the oil companys but it's wrong. Sure....they are raking in rediculous profits but the fact is.....most of the blame should go to all the environmental whackos. They are primarily responsible for all the crazy laws that keep us from drilling for oil. .

tieguy

Banned
Congress is out of control. I am just curious to see how you guys defend this? Is that Cohen behind her? It looks like he is about to lose control.

YouTube - Maxine Waters Wants to "Nationalize" the Oil Industry

Its obviously a biased video provided by Fox. Couldn't you find an unbiased one by one of the major news networks. Soon we will find out that 4 a gallon gas is also a biased idea presented by fox. Fox is ruining the country with this type of biased reporting:happy-very:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Oil is a non-renewable resource, and as such the price is going to continue to rise. Anybody who tells you different is probably trying to sell you something. We will likely see fluctuations in the short term, but in the long term it's going to continue to become more expensive until it prices itself out of the market and we switch to an alternative energy source.

Opening ANWR to drilling is not the real answer, even if we only used the oil reserves there to supply 5% of our current consumption it would all be gone in 12-32 years, depending on who's estimates you use. If consumption increases (as it has every year), or we rely more heavily on it, it would be gone even sooner. In that span though, the oil companies would make upwards of 1 trillion dollars selling it to us, which explains their enthusiasm for the idea.

Peak Oil Theory is interesting.

Overpaid Union Thug

fact is that the government makes more money off of a gallon of gas than the oil companies do.

Maybe but did you know that an extremely huge chunk of money that goes into oil companies comes from pensions? Just about every pension plan out there is invested in oil companies. That is something to ponder. Also....it would help if we had more refineries and if the oil companies weren't required (by law) to invest some of their profits into "research." If not they might be able to give us a break. I'm not ready to completely put all the blame on the companies just yet. There is plenty of blame to go around. What makes me nervous is that if we get a Liberal in the Oval Office they might try and get the federal government to step in. That would be a HUGE mistake.

tourists24

What makes me nervous is that if we get a Liberal in the Oval Office they might try and get the federal government to step in. That would be a HUGE mistake.
Good points arrow. Looks like we are going to get a liberal no matter what (at least on this matter). My vote may very well be leaning toward Bob Barr at this point. I will have to be persuaded to do differently.

diesel96

YouTube - Maxine Waters Wants to "Nationalize" the Oil Industry

First off AV8....you gotta get out more and stop watching such lame coverage of our oil crisis. Maxine Waters represents her district, certainly not the entire congress (thank goodness). Sure it was not her best moment and her emotions got her tongue tied, but it's amazing how Fox's Shepperd Smith focuses on coverage like this which only escalates political detracters to call for the heads of "enviromental and liberal wackos". I don't know why you want to defend oil conglomerates, after all they have a worse approval rating then congress for gods sake.

wkmac

Maxine Waters IMO just proves that America has stupid voters!
:happy-very:

Let's be honest, Congresswoman Waters like a lot of other Congresspeople are elected not for their statesmanship or vast knowledge of economic or foreign policy issues for example but rather all about robbing from the gov't trough for the benefit of her district and the expense of citizens outside her district. Her only fault is her lack of sophistication in hiding her true colors like so many others on both sides of the isle do. Unlike a lot of snakes in Washington at least she get's a "A" from me for being honest although via slip of the tongue.

Personally, I have no problem with the source as the video itself speaks for itself. Anything that shows the hypocracy of the system IMO is worth it's weight in gold. Waters' comment about socializing or nationalizing oil is no surprise and either of those steps historically is the next step after a gov't has created an industry monopoly. The best part of the video was watching the blonde lady in the background try and hold it in from losing it as Maxine showed her true colors.

It's OK Maxine, in your case we already knew where your heart lay and like the blonde, we could ROTFFLMAO at the spectacle of what you had become. I'd guess after the dems. get done with Kanjorski they'll sit you down for a "Come to Jesus" meeting about revealing cetain "FACTS!"

:rofl:

av8torntn

First off AV8....you gotta get out more and stop watching such lame coverage of our oil crisis. Maxine Waters represents her district, certainly not the entire congress (thank goodness). Sure it was not her best moment and her emotions got her tongue tied, but it's amazing how Fox's Shepperd Smith focuses on coverage like this which only escalates political detracters to call for the heads of "enviromental and liberal wackos". I don't know why you want to defend oil conglomerates, after all they have a worse approval rating then congress for gods sake.

Sad. Very sad but you answer the question as to how this maroon gets elected with the above statement.

Last edited:

diesel96

Sad. Very sad but you answer the question as to how this maroon gets elected with the above statement.

I believe your question was
"I am just curious to see how you guys defend this?"
I don't think anybody has defended Maxine Waters in this thread. Care to expand as to how you came to your conclusion? And who ask the question as to "how this maroon gets elected?"
Maybe I need to simplify my post:
Maxine Waters= I don't endorse her
Congress= Bad
Oil Companies=Bad-er
Fox News = bad-est

BTW...Tieguy had a valid point;
Its obviously a biased video provided by Fox. Couldn't you find an unbiased one by one of the major news networks. Soon we will find out that 4 a gallon gas is also a biased idea presented by fox. Fox is ruining the country with this type of biased reporting:happy-very: [quote/]
I'm curious as to why you respond to my post and not Tieguy's ?

av8torntn

BTW...Tieguy had a valid point;
Its obviously a biased video provided by Fox. Couldn't you find an unbiased one by one of the major news networks. Soon we will find out that 4 a gallon gas is also a biased idea presented by fox. Fox is ruining the country with this type of biased reporting:happy-very: [quote/]
I'm curious as to why you respond to my post and not Tieguy's ?

Well I did not respond to Tieguy because I thought since he put the laughing face at the end that he got the joke. For some time now I have been putting extra effort to find video with a Fox news logo somewhere. On one of the Wright videos it took almost two hours to find one from Fox while I ignored all the other sources. This story has been reported on other news sources and my joke is the way you and others respond and completely ignore the content because of the Fox logo. It is very funny to me.

Last edited:

av8torntn

I believe your question was
"I am just curious to see how you guys defend this?"
I don't think anybody has defended Maxine Waters in this thread. Care to expand as to how you came to your conclusion? And who ask the question as to "how this maroon gets elected?"
Maybe I need to simplify my post:
Maxine Waters= I don't endorse her
Congress= Bad
Oil Companies=Bad-er
Fox News = bad-est

Well first of all my question has always been why does someone vote for the likes of this person. If I posted it that way I take the chance of getting the same old fund raising and demographics type answers.

OK here is how I come to my conclusion. I will use you and some of your posts to represent the larger group and the way they must think. I am guessing somewhere inside you probably do not think that the Constitution gives the Federal government the power to take over all the oil companies. This would also apply to health care and retirement. You made the choice to ignore this.

The next part was the hardest part for me to understand because I know of nobody who thinks this way. You come across as a victim of everything. Fox news should report on gas prices because nobody knows the cost of gas. Poor old Waters is just a victim of Fox because they did not report on what you see as important. I am guessing since you think Oil companies are bad you feel like you are a victim of their high prices.

You say you do not endorse her yet you come across as a supporter by completely ignoring what she says because it was on Fox news and after all they are the bad-est as you say.

Yes I was curious to see how you and others would defend this. The way you defended it was to be some kind of victim of Fox news and just try anything to change the subject.

I often wonder why the people that vote for Democrats the most are the ones harmed the most by their policies. From what I gather from your posts they just do a good job at playing on you willingness to be a victim. I think one of the reasons you cannot say this is a bad idea is because the very reason this is a bad idea would be the same reasons that would apply to SSA, student loans, Medicare, Medicaid, minimum wage, farm subsidies, and the department of education.

av8torntn

This is from the website of Maxine Waters if you question the power she has.

Congresswoman Maxine Waters is considered by many to be one of the most powerful women in American politics today. She has gained a reputation as a fearless and outspoken advocate for women, children, people of color and the poor.

Elected in November 2006 to her ninth term in the House of Representatives with an overwhelming 80 percent of the votes in the 35th District of California, Congresswoman Maxine Waters represents a large part of South Central Los Angeles, the communities of Westchester and Playa Del Rey as well as the diverse cities of Gardena, Hawthorne, Inglewood and Lawndale.
She continues to be a member of the House Committee on Financial Services and the Chairwoman of its Subcommittee on Housing and Community Opportunity. She also serves on the Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit, the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, and the Subcommittee on Domestic and International Monetary Policy, Trade, Technology.
She also continues to serve on the Committee on the Judiciary and its Subcommittees on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security, and on Immigration, Border Security and Claims.

av8torntn

Anyway Diesel sorry about my thoughts being all over the place as normal. What I find so sad is that you seem to not be able to decide if you are a victim of oil conglomerates and their high gas prices or if you are a victim of a giant conspiracy at fox news because they did not report to people the price of gasoline and instead decided to show one congresswoman tell us her solution. Hard to believe she is on a subcommittee about domestic and international monetary policy.