What The Hell Is QANON?

rickyb

You can say it is true that you believe that blue is the best color. That is where truth and opinion intersect. A very tiny, basically insignificant, quanta of data. But when you can manipulate the opinions of millions of people, it can have a very real impact on the world.

The thing you need to really understand about opinions and beliefs is that they tell you more about the person than about reality in general. So when people report their opinions about what happened, or give you an interpretation of facts, rather than simply the facts, they are, indeed, trying to force their views onto people.

People have this mental mechanism of trusting authority because it frees up brain processing power. The more information there is, the more you need to know in order to make decisions more suitable for survival. Trusting that "authority" wouldn't let anything bad happen frees all that up so we can pursue the things that release the dopamine we desperately crave, like playing bubble blaster on our phones.
theres no such thing as objective reporting. everyone inserts their opinions. we cant have perfect knowledge as reporters.

yea your right about public opinion manipulation, the first system of mass propaganda was invented in america for ww1 so americans would join. the nazis copied it. after they used this system for selling consumer goods. i think it was walter lippman. anywho noam chomsky i think was the one who identified what happened in america. chris hedges wrote about this in his book death of the liberal class, but he got alot of help from chomsky on it.

i dont know if me trusting the guys i was refered to is the same as trusting authority, but i like to do that and get multiple persepectives. in the matrix trilogy the guy gets multiple perspectives too except they are from guys who appear as his enemies.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
theres no such thing as objective reporting. everyone inserts their opinions. we cant have perfect knowledge as reporters.

yea your right about public opinion manipulation, the first system of mass propaganda was invented in america for ww1 so americans would join. the nazis copied it. after they used this system for selling consumer goods. i think it was walter lippman. anywho noam chomsky i think was the one who identified what happened in america. chris hedges wrote about this in his book death of the liberal class, but he got alot of help from chomsky on it.

i dont know if me trusting the guys i was refered to is the same as trusting authority, but i like to do that and get multiple persepectives. in the matrix trilogy the guy gets multiple perspectives too except they are from guys who appear as his enemies.

You keep saying that about journalism, and you are still wrong. People who interject their opinions into their writing are not journalists, they are editorialists, commentators, novelists, or propagandists. Propaganda has been around since the dawn of civilization, it just so happens the book that was written on it was in the US by the nephew of none other that Sigmund Freud.

Last edited:

rickyb

You keep saying that about journalism, and you are still wrong. People who interject their opinions into their writing are not journalists, they are editorialists, commentators, novelists, or propagandists. Propaganda has been around since the dawn of civilization, it just so happens the book that was written on it was in the US by the nephew of none other that Sigmund Freud.
no. america pioneered the first system of modern mass propaganda i believe is the description of it.. yea youre right about the freud thing.