What The Hell Is QANON?

Box Ox

Sorry. Not a trump supporter.
Neither is QAnon. See how that works?

QAnon

"QAnon[a] (/ˌkjuːəˈnɒn/), or simply Q, is a disproven and discredited American far-right conspiracy theory alleging that a secret cabal of Satan-worshipping,[1] cannibalistic pedophiles is running a global child sex-trafficking ring and plotted against former U.S. president Donald Trump while he was in office.[2][3][4][5] According to U.S. prosecutors, QAnon is commonly called a cult.[6]

QAnon commonly asserts that Trump has been planning a day of reckoning known as the "Storm", when thousands of members of the cabal will be arrested.[7][8] QAnon supporters have accused many liberal Hollywood actors, Democratic politicians, and high-ranking government officials of being members of the cabal.[9]"

"QAnon adherents began appearing at Trump reelection campaign rallies in August 2018.[32] Bill Mitchell, a broadcaster who has promoted QAnon, attended a White House "social media summit" in July 2019.[33][34] QAnon believers commonly tag their social media posts with the hashtag #WWG1WGA, signifying the motto "Where We Go One, We Go All".[35] At an August 2019 Trump rally, a man warming up the crowd used the QAnon motto, later denying that it was a QAnon reference. This occurred hours after the FBI published a report calling QAnon a potential source of domestic terrorism—the first time the agency had so rated a fringe conspiracy theory.[36][37] According to analysis by Media Matters for America, as of October 2020, Trump had amplified QAnon messaging at least 265 times by retweeting or mentioning 152 Twitter accounts affiliated with QAnon, sometimes multiple times a day.[38][39] QAnon followers came to refer to Trump as "Q+".[40]"

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
QAnon

"QAnon[a] (/ˌkjuːəˈnɒn/), or simply Q, is a disproven and discredited American far-right conspiracy theory alleging that a secret cabal of Satan-worshipping,[1] cannibalistic pedophiles is running a global child sex-trafficking ring and plotted against former U.S. president Donald Trump while he was in office.[2][3][4][5] According to U.S. prosecutors, QAnon is commonly called a cult.[6]

QAnon commonly asserts that Trump has been planning a day of reckoning known as the "Storm", when thousands of members of the cabal will be arrested.[7][8] QAnon supporters have accused many liberal Hollywood actors, Democratic politicians, and high-ranking government officials of being members of the cabal.[9]"

"QAnon adherents began appearing at Trump reelection campaign rallies in August 2018.[32] Bill Mitchell, a broadcaster who has promoted QAnon, attended a White House "social media summit" in July 2019.[33][34] QAnon believers commonly tag their social media posts with the hashtag #WWG1WGA, signifying the motto "Where We Go One, We Go All".[35] At an August 2019 Trump rally, a man warming up the crowd used the QAnon motto, later denying that it was a QAnon reference. This occurred hours after the FBI published a report calling QAnon a potential source of domestic terrorism—the first time the agency had so rated a fringe conspiracy theory.[36][37] According to analysis by Media Matters for America, as of October 2020, Trump had amplified QAnon messaging at least 265 times by retweeting or mentioning 152 Twitter accounts affiliated with QAnon, sometimes multiple times a day.[38][39] QAnon followers came to refer to Trump as "Q+".[40]"

Oh, sure, I'm not saying that there aren't people who support Trump and have bought into QAnonsense (I'm copywriting that right now), I'm just saying Trump supporters aren't the genesis of QAnon. I'm still not certain of the connection between Q and Qanon. I don't know that they aren't one and the same.

I made posts stating my opinion a while ago that if Q/QAnon were actually pro Trump it probably would have been shut down. Also posts asking about who is behind Q and why they haven't found them yet. Whether or not Q is a creation of the establishment, it is still more useful for them to let it continue and use the results as a reason to persecute political dissidents.

It's all pretty obvious. Still a lot of unknowns, but the general idea of what's going on is pretty easy to deduce based on the available information.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
QAnon

I'm curious, do you honestly go to wikipedia and think you're getting good information?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm curious, do you honestly go to wikipedia and think you're getting good information?

Seriously... the person who wrote that forgot the best part, that JFK jr is still alive and is behind the investigation into the cabal, who are responsible for his father's assassination. And at the appointed time he will lead us all into the awakening.

I still say it's a viral marketing strategy for a Quentin Tarantino movie. If not, I demand he make a movie based on the plot of Qanon.

Box Ox

I still say it's a viral marketing strategy for a Quentin Tarantino movie. If not, I demand he make a movie based on the plot of Qanon.

Have HBO? Maybe this'll help you understand what some of the silly gooses here on BC are obviously into.

Premiers on the 21st.

"Q: Into the Storm.

From Director Cullen Hoback and Executive Producer Adam McKay, the six-part #HBO original documentary series explores the origins of QAnon. #QIntotheStorm premieres March 21 at 9PM on HBO Max. Spanning three years in the making and traversing the globe, the series follows filmmaker Cullen Hoback on a labyrinthine journey to uncover the forces behind QAnon, a movement fueled by conspiracy theories that has grown in scope and political significance, chronicling its evolution in real-time and revealing how “Q” uses information warfare to game the internet, hijack politics and manipulate people’s thinking. #HBODocs"

bbsam

Staff member
It's a made up thing by the establishment in order to justify persecuting political dissidents. Standard totalitarianist's playbook. It's kinda funny that they think they are being so crafty, like no one knows what they are doing. Sad little tyrants.
Hmmm. You weren’t saying that before it all fell apart, were you?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Have HBO? Maybe this'll help you understand what some of the silly gooses here on BC are obviously into.

Premiers on the 21st.

From Director Cullen Hoback and Executive Producer Adam McKay, the six-part #HBO original documentary series explores the origins of QAnon. #QIntotheStorm premieres March 21 at 9PM on HBO Max. Spanning three years in the making and traversing the globe, the series follows filmmaker Cullen Hoback on a labyrinthine journey to uncover the forces behind QAnon, a movement fueled by conspiracy theories that has grown in scope and political significance, chronicling its evolution in real-time and revealing how “Q” uses information warfare to game the internet, hijack politics and manipulate people’s thinking. #HBODocs"

Does it reveal who Q is?

I'm curious though, if there is concern that Q has hijacked politics and manipulated people's thinking, why aren't we as concerned about what some people consider "main stream media"? They do those things, and probably worse. I guess they don't like competition?

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Seriously... the person who wrote that forgot the best part, that JFK jr is still alive and is behind the investigation into the cabal, who are responsible for his father's assassination. And at the appointed time he will lead us all into the awakening.

I mean he posts a link to a wikipedia page that is sourced with articles from theWashington Post, Vox, and the New York Times, that all read like anti Trump opinion pieces.

Sadly, most people don't realize they're getting leftist opinions when they read stuff like that on wikipedia.

Boxox isn't just uniformed, he's misinformed.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Hmmm. You weren’t saying that before it all fell apart, were you?

I was just finding out about some aspects of that stuff last summer. I had heard about Q, didn't really know what to think about it. Then @PT Car Washer started talking about Q anon, I looked into it, and knew it was nonsense as soon as I saw a video about it. You can look up my posts for yourself, if you want.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I mean he posts a link to a wikipedia page that is sourced with articles from theWashington Post, Vox, and the New York Times, that all read like anti Trump opinion pieces.

Sadly, most people don't realize they're getting leftist opinions when they read stuff like that on wikipedia.

Boxox isn't just uniformed, he's misinformed.

I can't be bothered with clicking on the references. The entry is written with clearly misleading language, as is most of what passes for journalism these days. Most people can't tell the difference between information presented as factual and information presented as opinion.

They don't understand what attribution is or why it's important, or what editorializing is, or why it used to be considered unacceptable by journalistic standards in a "news piece". Now it's become so normal that it's almost impossible to find news articles anymore. They're all opinion pieces.

I watched a little bit of the interview of the q shaman guy, and the interviewer started off telling him that he "attacked" the Capitol. That's not journalism, that's a forced conclusion in pursuit of pushing a particular narrative.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I can't be bothered with clicking on the references. The entry is written with clearly misleading language, as is most of what passes for journalism these days. Most people can't tell the difference between information presented as factual and information presented as opinion.

They don't understand what attribution is or why it's important, or what editorializing is, or why it used to be considered unacceptable by journalistic standards in a "news piece". Now it's become so normal that it's almost impossible to find news articles anymore. They're all opinion pieces.

I watched a little bit of the interview of the q shaman guy, and the interviewer started off telling him that he "attacked" the Capitol. That's not journalism, that's a forced conclusion in pursuit of pushing a particular narrative.
See @rickyb ... everything is an opinion!
There are no facts in here or on the news!

El Correcto

god is dead

Premiers on the 21st.

Asian dude has a full sized Rei doll and wears gloves. That’s a man of culture.

Sort like that time the blue anoners had you convinced the president was working for Putin.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
are opinions truth? i dont believe in the idea that theres no truth in news.

You can say it is true that you believe that blue is the best color. That is where truth and opinion intersect. A very tiny, basically insignificant, quanta of data. But when you can manipulate the opinions of millions of people, it can have a very real impact on the world.

The thing you need to really understand about opinions and beliefs is that they tell you more about the person than about reality in general. So when people report their opinions about what happened, or give you an interpretation of facts, rather than simply the facts, they are, indeed, trying to force their views onto people.

People have this mental mechanism of trusting authority because it frees up brain processing power. The more information there is, the more you need to know in order to make decisions more suitable for survival. Trusting that "authority" wouldn't let anything bad happen frees all that up so we can pursue the things that release the dopamine we desperately crave, like playing bubble blaster on our phones.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This function of "Authority" is the main reason for religious thought. If you can believe that the stuff that is out of your control, that all that chaos of the things you don't know or understand is being handled by an all powerful, benevolent god, then you have some hope of living a well-rounded life, and might actually accomplish something. Without that assurance that something more powerful is handling the stuff that is too big for you, you tend to either live in constant terror, or you are completely oblivious to the unknown, in either case you are not very likely to accomplish much, and might as well be a herd animal.

In the absence of god, we are left with any number of idols to fill the void. Most people use government, some use scientists, and perhaps worst of all, some use government scientists.

As much as this mental process can be hijacked for bad when your "authority" is a magic friend in the sky, it can be hijacked even worse when your "authority" is the actual people doing the hijacking. No person or system of people is worthy of the title "Authority". Once you understand that, and can develop even an agnostic sense of god, it becomes easier to see things for what they are.