what to do

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1427390273.424722.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So in 1 post you said you don't care about the 2 hours over. Then 2 posts later you said you wanted to look at your over/under. So which is it?

Also you said it's a split route. How many days a week is this split route in. 3,4,5?

dinho

Split route is in about 4 days a week. I've never cared about the 2 hours over just that them telling me yesterday that I can't be doing that anymore is making me think that I'm maybe actually messing up somewhere. I guess what I've been trying to ask is....I try to a stay at 15 stops an hour working safe and all I feel comfortable at that many stops an hour not too fast or slow. 150-160 stops they believe I should be done by 5 and with 193 by around 730. I believe with 150 I should be done by 7 counting a 30 min break but if I do that they say I'm 2 hours over so am right by doing this? If I get 193 that means I would be out working till about 10 would It be my fault for being out that late?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Stop talking about your numbers kid. Go on the 9.5 list. I literally just outlined it for you.

He can't. He said the route is in MAYBE 4 days a week, so no dice.

OP, ignore what they say, if you have a day with no service failures, no accidents or injuries, then in my book that's a successful day!

When they tell you "You CAN'T be over 2 hours over", direct them to the previous days report, point to your over/under and say "Well, according t

1 year old driver. Been working over 9.5 this whole week and last week. Had 175 stops yesterday, clocked off at 730. had 197 today, clocked off at 820. I didn't get any help at all and worst of all, even though I believe I'm doing a good job I get a call from mng saying I can't be over 2 hours anymore, can't be out till 9. Ive been running this route for a while now and somehow I'm over 2 hours every time. what can I do in this situation? They giving me 170 stops and today around 190... I don't care about the over 2 hours, no way that is right. I'm just getting tired of coming home so late and exhausted...thank you in advance
Try some vitamins.

box_beeyotch

Seriously if I were you, I would take even longer since they want to give you an ear full about it. Its just words....and words don't hurt your paycheck.

Dweezel

Ok first off new drivers can not file a 9.5 grievance in their first four years, thank the union for that one. Dihno relax and use the methods, work safely through all the stops on the truck, take your full hour lunch not 30 mins. Methods, methods and more methods. They will keep you safe and healthy so that you make it to four years. The stops on your car is not your concern, the only concern you should have is to use all the methods doing your next stop that is it. Focus on one stop and one stop only at a time. If you get to the point that you are to tired to continue, notify the center that you feel it's unsafe to continue driving being as tired as you are. My suggestion would be to work using all the methods at each stop. Our old shop steward use to tell us work as if your supervisor was on car with you. Second after 10 hours you are able to take your twenty minutes on road and instruct them that you will be doing such, ask your supervisor what is the latest ground can be back to building. It's not your job to worry about what you have for stops! Your job is to use the methods and to follow instruction, if there is going to be service issues or you can't get everything delivered communicate. If you keep making the bar they set for your route, they will keep piling more on, trust me being safe is way more important to you and your carrier.

dinho

Thanks for this, will do.

Ok first off new drivers can not file a 9.5 grievance in their first four years, thank the union for that one. Dihno relax and use the methods, work safely through all the stops on the truck, take your full hour lunch not 30 mins. Methods, methods and more methods. They will keep you safe and healthy so that you make it to four years. The stops on your car is not your concern, the only concern you should have is to use all the methods doing your next stop that is it. Focus on one stop and one stop only at a time. If you get to the point that you are to tired to continue, notify the center that you feel it's unsafe to continue driving being as tired as you are. My suggestion would be to work using all the methods at each stop. Our old shop steward use to tell us work as if your supervisor was on car with you. Second after 10 hours you are able to take your twenty minutes on road and instruct them that you will be doing such, ask your supervisor what is the latest ground can be back to building. It's not your job to worry about what you have for stops! Your job is to use the methods and to follow instruction, if there is going to be service issues or you can't get everything delivered communicate. If you keep making the bar they set for your route, they will keep piling more on, trust me being safe is way more important to you and your carrier.

dinho

So take an hour lunch, then your saying after 10 hours take a 20 min break on road?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Split route is in about 4 days a week. I've never cared about the 2 hours over just that them telling me yesterday that I can't be doing that anymore is making me think that I'm maybe actually messing up somewhere. I guess what I've been trying to ask is....I try to a stay at 15 stops an hour working safe and all I feel comfortable at that many stops an hour not too fast or slow. 150-160 stops they believe I should be done by 5 and with 193 by around 730. I believe with 150 I should be done by 7 counting a 30 min break but if I do that they say I'm 2 hours over so am right by doing this? If I get 193 that means I would be out working till about 10 would It be my fault for being out that late?
If it's in 4 days a week it should be a bid route in most locals.

dinho

Thank you man this is what I've wanted to hear from someone, you been really helpful.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Ok first off new drivers can not file a 9.5 grievance in their first four years, thank the union for that one.
Where do you guys come up with this stuff? I cannot believe how ignorant of contractual language some of you folks are. Talk about weak minded. I posted a picture for Christ's sake. Wow!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It's a split route, I'm all over the place. Actually I came in to speak to my union steward and wanted to work.supposedly I can't file 9.5 bacause of 4 year prograssion. when ever someone else does it, they get about 120-130 no one ever has gotten 170 or above On that route. I asked other driver and they though 193 is just crazy. I will do the 193 but for them to tell me to not be out there until 9 or can't be 2 hours over pisses the hell out of me, the whole day I feel good about what I'm doing and for them to tell me that just kills my good vibe And makes me feel like I'm messing up in someway. everyone thank you for the Answers.
You are fine. I feel your pain.Some routes are set up wrong, and a good day is unattainable.I never asked these questions, until it got real bad a while ago. #s are not real, dont look.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Where do you guys come up with this stuff? I cannot believe how ignorant of contractual language some of you folks are. Talk about weak minded. I posted a picture for Christ's sake. Wow!!
come on man, you have to be a fair. you have to be a freakin lawyer to understand the language in the contract. it was written by lawyers and it can be interpreted a hundred ways ( by design of course )

you must be the smartest person in the room.