what to do

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
come on man, you have to be a fair. you have to be a freakin lawyer to understand the language in the contract. it was written by lawyers and it can be interpreted a hundred ways ( by design of course )

you must be the smartest person in the room.
Yes what it says and what it means are not always one in the same.

I've read certain language to my BA over and over again. His reply is usually well that's not how it was meant when it was written.

rod

Retired 22 years
Half of a contract can be negated by using the "Act of God" clause and the other half is open to interpretation. But it's all you have so it's worth arguing your point.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Half of a contract can be negated by using the "Act of God" clause and the other half is open to interpretation. But it's all you have so it's worth arguing your point.
What if I made the argument that there's no proof God exists?

Just for arguments Sak.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I was told by my BA that the contract was written with gray areas on purpose but I cant remember why. I guess it is like the US constitution. it was deliberately written in gray by the founding fathers . their explanation was that it was a "living and breathing document" that could be changed over time to change with the times.

true genius.

I would necessarily use that word for the people who put the teamster/ups contract together.:)

rod

Retired 22 years
I was told by my BA that the contract was written with gray areas on purpose but I cant remember why. I guess it is like the US constitution. it was deliberately written in gray by the founding fathers . their explanation was that it was a "living and breathing document" that could be changed over time to change with the times.

true genius.

I would necessarily use that word for the people who put the teamster/ups contract together.:)

maybe "true insanity" would be a better term.

Overpaid Union Thug

1 year old driver. Been working over 9.5 this whole week and last week. Had 175 stops yesterday, clocked off at 730. had 197 today, clocked off at 820. I didn't get any help at all and worst of all, even though I believe I'm doing a good job I get a call from mng saying I can't be over 2 hours anymore, can't be out till 9. Ive been running this route for a while now and somehow I'm over 2 hours every time. what can I do in this situation? They giving me 170 stops and today around 190... I don't care about the over 2 hours, no way that is right. I'm just getting tired of coming home so late and exhausted...thank you in advance
When you leave the building each morning your only two goals should be to follow the methods and don't get in an accident. Do that and nothing else will matter. When they ask you about their numbers (they are not yours or your concern) say that you did the best you could with the situation you were dealt by them.

rod

Retired 22 years
When you leave the building each morning your only two goals should be to follow the methods and don't get in an accident. Do that and nothing else will matter. When they ask you about their numbers (they are not yours or your concern) say that you did the best you could with the situation you were dealt by them.

I didn't have very lofty goals. My main one was to make it to lunch

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

true genius.

So then your start time should be pretty flexible. Just show up when you want. If your late, just "Act of God" the crap out of them.