what to expect on first day for previous fedex-er

castle315

just finished training Friday. a bit nervous of what to expect on Tuesday (first day reporting to center)
coming from fdx ground so I have a familiarity of what to expect work wise.

how long does it take for 22.4 to make book. what are the requirements to make book. will i be guaranteed 40 hr weeks before book or is that only after book.

if it matters I'm in NYC

any tips or suggestions, TIA !

just finished training Friday. a bit nervous of what to expect on Tuesday (first day reporting to center)

how long does it take for 22.4 to make book. what are the requirements to make book. will i be guaranteed 40 hr weeks before book or is that only after book.

if it matters I'm in NYC

The first thing you'll do is qualify.

upschuck

nope ive been told in training 40 days out of 70. . but you might be right if its different in each center.
Well if that is what they told you. You'd also be able the look that up in your contract, which is available on the teamsters.org website, or find who the steward is and have a talk with him/her.

castle315

Well if that is what they told you. You'd also be able the look that up in your contract, which is available on the teamsters.org website, or find who the steward is and have a talk with him/her.
okay thanks for the info! anything i should be careful or mindful of while I'm trying to make book.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
okay thanks for the info! anything i should be careful or mindful of while I'm trying to make book.

No accidents! This includes mailboxes hanging branches etc. They might give you leeway in other areas if they like you, but if you have an accident while qualifying you are done.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.

if it matters I'm in NYC

What center?