What to expect?

michael0388

I have an interview to be a driver's helper, and if everything goes right, the job.

If i got the job, is there anything I should know? I read on this site that UPS dosn't really tell them whats the job's going to be like.

:confused:1​

B

Brown and Down

I have an interview to be a driver's helper, and if everything goes right, the job.

If i got the job, is there anything I should know? I read on this site that UPS dosn't really tell them whats the job's going to be like.

:confused:1​

4 weeks of running your ass off for $8.00 an hour.Wear good shoes, pack a lunch and bring a raincoat. If you can handle it they may give you a job loading trucks for $8.50 an hour. Do yourself a favor and apply at McDonalds!!!

Dump and Run

You need to be prepared to work and work hard, but be safe at the same time. Bring your own water and a snack/lunch. If you don't make it worth the drivers time to have you he won't request you again and if enough drivers say that you are of no help to them you won't be called again.

helenofcalifornia

Yeah, be prepared to work as hard as you ever have for those weeks. Your body will ache like it never has before. Bring a ton of water and ADVIL. Advil will kill the pain your body will be in. Comfortable shoes are a must. And you will run, though they tell you you won't. And the previous poster is right, if you complain, word will get out and no driver will want you. It's a tough, tough job. And they don't pay you enough.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You will work hard and all the other posters are correct, but, it could be a foot in the door. But its also a fun time of year, and if you work hard, it usually can be a fun time, while making money. While Mcdonalds may pay the same, you will learn alot, work with usually a good person, and make a few friends, and get a little workout, and get paid for it. And while advancement is slow, at UPS, its better than advancement at mickeys. If you are just doing it while on break from college etc, I would say you would gain more at UPS than anywhere. Good Luck.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Its a tough job if you ever get on a truck to begin with. They hire a ton more people than they ever actually use down here. They also lead them to believe that they will work for a couple of months and 8 hrs a day. Many helpers quit because they never start working till the middle of Dec. and then only get 4 hours a day or less.