What to wear for package handler

kmht1

I'm starting as a package handler and I was told just to be comfortable, and I know its going to be hot. I'm 18 and judging by the looks I got during my tour and the stuff I read here I feel like it would be a bad idea to show too much sooo what is considered appropriate/not appropriate or what do other women wear???

KoennenTiger

Dear God what has happened to us men?

OK if you are really a fertility endowed half member then here's what the gals around my hub wear. If they are single mom's they get desperate and get good bodies but then only wear skin tight yoga pants. The same pair every day. They also smell and have bad hair and look crazy cause they don't get appropriate sleep.

The single non single mom's wear short short shorts, but they still can't beat the girls I see on route. Who now regularly wear shorts with several inches of butt cheek hanging out. I figure as soon as the girls on route are just wearing thongs as they ride public transit and go into insane debt for a degree in underwater basket weaving and advanced feminist puppetry the hub non single mom's will bless us with the cellulite on their behinds.

Meanwhile the girls who pretend to be good girls will continue to dress nice and continue to file sexual harassment charges against the guys in their league who dare to ask them out. And then will brag all about it to me. "Tee-hee can you believe that guy who is in my league asked me out?"

"You shuuure do have cute eyes"

Don't you see my wedding ring hub rat? Can't believe that guy who would be good for you gave you a chance, and you burned him.

Can't believe how desperate and insane so many guys are getting though. To the point where they play act as girls in some kind of solipsistic pretrannyism.

I don't like it and I would like to have a healthier culture. But alas, no one listens to me.

So to answer your question my sweet lass, shorts that show off the bottom 3 inches of your ass are in. Unless you're a single mom, then you should wear the same gross yoga pants every day and keep reaching out of your league.

I mean it worked so far right?

BrownRecycler

The lightest material that you can buy that breath/vent sweat out are the best but have the most durability that can survive the metal edge that may come across your leg like a dull butter knife with small chance of jagged edge that may stick out. But, also, avoid dark or "black" based material clothing. In UPS, you are required to wear work boots. So, your goal is to find the lightest work boot that sold from your shoes store place. Think of it, you are a package handler. You are going to move a lot. So, generally, for situational purpose, you are wearing a light clothing that offers the best agility and dexterity in return.

Forget about the "looks". You should feel confident and have your wits about yourself. When people get busy, they don't have lot of thought about you unless you happen to be a model looks like which might earn you the wave and smile. But, come on, UPS work is going to be hellish in some case, and an angel is all it take to brings glimmer of hope to make it through.

Last edited:

TxTawny

I'm starting as a package handler and I was told just to be comfortable, and I know its going to be hot. I'm 18 and judging by the looks I got during my tour and the stuff I read here I feel like it would be a bad idea to show too much sooo what is considered appropriate/not appropriate or what do other women wear???
Athletic wear. Tshirt, shorts. I recommend all black, it's not as noticeably dirty. And proper foot wear. Bring a thermos water bottle.

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
I wear the same thing year round.

running shorts.
military boots.
spandex top.
and a speedo (gotta handle the package, )

take a hoodie in the winter and a pair of gloves (which get replaced every week)

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
I agree with what is already stated.

1.Get some dry fit clothing from Walmart or Target. Inexpensive as possible. (Russell,George,Champion)

2. Steel toes shoes. I suggest getting some gel or memory foam inserts too. Don't wear regular shoes. Irregs can and will drop on your feet.

3. Cargo shorts/pants or breathable gym shorts or sweats. Depends on what type of things you keep in your pockets while you work.

4. Double Insulated beaverage container with secure cap. The less you appear to leave your position the better. Keep water and a healthy snack with you. Bump that vending machine. Wasting the little you earn.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i always wore black sneakers, gym shorts, and just whatever random t-shirt i had around

don’t wear boots you’ll be too slow, unless you’re super clumsy and drop :censored2: all the time in which case get some steel toe shoes

just make sure your shoes are black then nobody gives a :censored2:

Observer

You get a lot of overloaded belts that stuff falls on your ankles and shins; so go with steel toed boots in black. Dr.Scholls has a real good boot that lasts a lot longer than the Walmart brand -yes I know they were cheaper - but in the long run the other ones are a better buy. Good idea about the extra insoles - also wear two pairs of socks as you get a lot of rubbing. Cargo pants are good as you have the extra pockets. Also, hydrate and carry extra+ some G2 or similar. Put a lock on your lunchbox - people will go through it looking for food, writing pens. Moisture wicking for shirts - go to the thrift stores to get your gear - as if your swearshirts look a little ratty - no one will steal it.