What was your first car?

Not to mention the split bumpers. Awesome cars.

Split bumpers were RS cars although some people switched out the full bumper since it was just a matter of four bolts. You can tell the true RS cars by the marker lights being next to the headlights.

Mine was a 1984 Trans Am t-top...Got rid of it in 2006...hard to believe I had it 20 years, and only 97,000 hard miles on it.

ladybrown

Mine was a 73 firebird with a 400 small block. Wish Id have never gotten rid of it. But now my garage is full with his and hers camaros. Hubby has a 71 RS/SS and I have a 68 RS.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Mine was a 73 firebird with a 400 small block. Wish Id have never gotten rid of it. But now my garage is full with his and hers camaros. Hubby has a 71 RS/SS and I have a 68 RS.

I would like to make a pilgrimage to your Camaro house of Worship!!!!

I would come with gifts.

I know this is wrong for me to say.....I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not my first car, but our first 'cool' car was a brown '78 Camero Z-28. It was really hard to drive a stick shift in those Idaho winters. You could get high centered on the ruts in the side streets.

Tapes in the tape player at that time were Culture Club....Church of the Poisoned Mind......Karma Cameleon.etc.:wink2: That was before Boy George was a criminal.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Mine was a 66 comet.
I now have an 81 berlinetta as a project, just needs some brake work and a little body work, and my hubby has a 64 nova, also a work in progress.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser that I bought in 1990. Power steering pump went out when I got it home. Paid $2500.00 cash for this thing. Used it for hauling work and the family, which was my eldest daughter and my step daughter and former wife. Never needed a car before this because we used public transportation and seldom left NYC.

DS

Fenderbender
A 1964 rambler american with 3 on the tree.
The vacuum powered wipers slowed down as you accelerated.

iowa boy

1984 chevy chevette. In the two years I drove it, according to my father, I tore out 1st gear, 2nd gear, and reverse. It also went thru two clutches in two years. Funny thing though, I could never figure out why this car would literally eat rear tires.:happy-very: Oh and my parents made me pay for all the repairs on this car, imagine that.:biting:

jennie

Oh, that REALLY made me LOL.

I could tell you some stories of my daughter.... "The car's making this noise...."
What was probably some small noise 2 months ago (if she had noticed it then) is now the engine dragging on the road or something!!!

Thanks 9, it is funny 17 years old, cruising, btw there was not a check engine light, I notice dummy lights, since I am not playing with a full deck, (joke).

over9five

Staff member
My first car, a '74 Pinto

Inside, the CB, 8 track, spotlight, and scanner (I was a volunteer fireman in my small town!).