What will you do if we strike?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
what most did on the last strike. walk the picket , bbq a lot, take the family out to the beach , camping , boating , etc, drank a lot. some of us worked side jobs after picketing.

it was like a vacation at first , during the first week. second week , not so much so. picketing numbers dwindled and people started to worry. at least that is waht i saw at my hub.

Post serious responses to threads just like @MyTripisCut , @Gumby, and @burrheadd .
3orieSIiiTWipKU1iw.gif

Oceanview

I'll show up to work, get trained as a 22.4, and start driving. And I'm not alone.
$20 an hour is a 100% raise for me. If you guys wanted me to stand with you then maybe you should have thought about that a few contracts ago. Good luck with your RV payments or whatever crap it is that boomers spend their horded money on these days.

But if they need more drivers to deliver to stop the excessive overtime how does it make sense to pay you less to work weekends... every union i was ever in Saturday’s were x1.5 and sundays we’re our wetdream days making x2.0.. and you can’t blame drivers for past contracts blame your p.t brothers and sisters who didn’t vote

Next Contract will be 22.5’s and we will have some fool who is a p.t talking spliff about how the 22.4’s and rcpds are over paid and lazy

542thruNthru

Well I got 4 cases of hamburgers (128) and 100 hotdogs sitting in the freezer right now for when we strike. Hopefully they will still be good when we do.

So I guess I'll be BBQing for hours and handing out food to my coworkers. ;)

Damn that sounds fun!

Zowert

Stand there on picket duty and glare at all the scabs crossing the line. We can’t do what our grandfathers did to scabs during the thug era of Teamsters. But we can shoot them some mean looks! If this was 1955, no one would be driving in or out of any UPS center without a broken window. It’s for the better Teamsters left that reputation behind though, especially with all the anti-union sentiment of today.

Zowert

During the strike I think I will work for Fedex. They will need some help....

There is always Amazon. They’re hiring anyone with a valid driver’s license to deliver their crap. They give you a regular size cargo van and a GPS device called a ‘Rabbit’ that leads you to each stop.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Can't wait to picket with my Teamster Brothers.
I am retired and can say and do just about anything without repercussions from the Worthless Collection of Management that resides in the Maple Grove Hub.

Management is the ENEMY.
GIVE THEM NO QUARTER!
Time to hoist the Black Flag!