What would happen?

Heavy Package

I am in progression and through February I will be owed, after taxes and deductions, approx. $3,360.00 on the check.

I pray every Sunday that Hoffa and Hall will impose the contract on the outstanding locals the same way it was imposed on us in the Atlantic Area so I can get my money.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I am in progression and through February I will be owed, after taxes and deductions, approx. $3,360.00 on the check.

I pray every Sunday that Hoffa and Hall will impose the contract on the outstanding locals the same way it was imposed on us in the Atlantic Area so I can get my money.
Why don't you wish that the outstanding supplements come to an agreement where the union members benefit instead of having a crap contract shoved down their throats? Unfortunately I got the contract forced upon me and I don't like it. So I support the locals putting up a fight for a good supplement because that's what I would want. Waiting a little linger for back pay is a good exchange for a quality supplement IMO.

F

Frankie's Friend

Do you have Teamcare?

F

Frankie's Friend

This backpay thing is a form of torture.
There are guys at my center who have been here since August who desperately want to quit and yet they can't because they know if they'll miss out on a $1,000 check (and growing)
Just stuck coming into a job they hate and that's destroying them every day while the petulant children in a couple locals gum up the entire works for everyone.
throw.gif

Midol.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This backpay thing is a form of torture.
There are guys at my center who have been here since August who desperately want to quit and yet they can't because they know if they'll miss out on a $1,000 check (and growing)
Just stuck coming into a job they hate and that's destroying them every day while the petulant children in a couple locals gum up the entire works for everyone.

Selfish, whiny, little babies.

Heavy Package

Why don't you wish that the outstanding supplements come to an agreement where the union members benefit instead of having a crap contract shoved down their throats?

Just like you, our contract was forced on us. The majority who voted, including me, voted NO. It is complete BS and we should have walked late last year when we had the power. All of us who voted no were sold out-by our own union!

So now what? Well... The biggest wage increase is going to those in progression or PT workers. It has been going on 7 damn months. With really no end in sight. Is it a hold out that's left or is it once again local unions not having their smile* together to hold a vote and move on.

Hoffa and Hall will be gone next contract and we shall finally get some new blood in our Union leadership. But this contract is done. Get over it, move on, and see what the changes we sold out to get implemented so we can gear up for a real contract in 2023.

F

Frankie's Friend

Just like you, our contract was forced on us. The majority who voted, including me, voted NO. It is complete BS and we should have walked late last year when we had the power. All of us who voted no were sold out-by our own union!

So now what? Well... The biggest wage increase is going to those in progression or PT workers. It has been going on 7 damn months. With really no end in sight. Is it a hold out that's left or is it once again local unions not having their smile* together to hold a vote and move on.

Hoffa and Hall will be gone next contract and we shall finally get some new blood in our Union leadership. But this contract is done. Get over it, move on, and see what the changes we sold out to get implemented so we can gear up for a real contract in 2023.
Sir, Local 804 just changed leadership. They are still working on their contract language with the new eboard. Have some patience.

Maybe we can respect their autonomy even if we have to wait a little longer to get the raises, the 22-4 concession, the surepost concession that will cut routes when used, and while the cba is stalled maybe part timers are getting the chance to bid a much bigger raise by becoming a full time package car driver.

A Regular one not an Irregular one with all the concessions that go with it.

The rest is money in the bank as far as raises and the lost interest isnt worth crying about imo.

If it was a good contract from the start it would already be unilaterally applied.

Good for the holdouts. At least they had the extra 6% vote it down that the rest of us didnt get.

PS/ 22-3 jobs are available until 22-4s are implemented. That's a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Total package

We can rebuild him
I hope the last ones holding out scratch and claw for whatever they can get for as long as they can . If nothing else, it’ll keep 22.4 from being implemented awhile

Total package

We can rebuild him
I’d like a raise but there’s nothing else in this contract to look forward to anyway. No wonder UPS changed the 9.5 language a little if they’re planning on drivers only working 8 or8.5 anyway

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I’d like a raise but there’s nothing else in this contract to look forward to anyway. No wonder UPS changed the 9.5 language a little if they’re planning on drivers only working 8 or8.5 anyway

They are planning on regular drivers only working 8 or 8.5. The 22.4's are a whole 'nother story!

Total package

We can rebuild him
They are planning on regular drivers only working 8 or 8.5. The 22.4's are a whole 'nother story!
I get that, I’m just don’t know what work will be left for 22.4s with all the extra drivers we have here now. It may be a lot different elsewhere. We did have someone with the union tell us they didn’t think our building would see much 22.4 for the duration of this contract