What would you do?

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
Just curious, let's say on a Monday, I had a call tag for a defective diabetes monitor from a residence. Let's also say that they live on a dead end road in a rural area, and the new diabetes monitor was on my package car for delivery on the following Friday. Turns out the home owners are not in, and the box is signature required. Now, knowing that the home owner is diabetic and would appreciate having his monitor for the weekend because he is sick, would you scribble his name in the signature box and then clarify his name and stop complete it? Or, would you sheet it as NI1 and leave an info notice and go on to the next stop. Discuss....

Raw

Raw Member
Leave a notice , never ,ever falsify a signature. Resident could of died or left for weeks. You could always leave a message for them to call you or the center if they want you to re-attempt later that day. Not worth getting fired over which would be very possible.

B

BROWN OBSERVER

Scribble his name in the sig box..you crazy???? Falsifying records not a good idea. If worse comes to worse, I'm sure a family member would make arrangements to pick that pkg up. You'll be replaying this senario over and over in your mind while standing in the unemployment line. if you gamble and lose.

yeldarb

I wouldnt falsify a signature for anything. The nearest thing I ever did was deliver a Dell to a blind person, and guided his hand to the signature spot. What a blind man was going to do with a computer however, I have no idea.

Aaron

So if you know the guy, he calls you and says "Hey I've got this package coming, this is what it is, could you just scribble my name and leave it (specified spot)"? You guys wouldn't do it?

tieguy

Banned
So if you know the guy, he calls you and says "Hey I've got this package coming, this is what it is, could you just scribble my name and leave it (specified spot)"? You guys wouldn't do it?

thats what a note signed by the customer is for. You forge a signature and get caught and you will be fighting for your job.

outta hours

Not really your problem if the guy is not home to get his package. It becomes your problem when you do not follow procedure and sign for a pkg. Just wait till you have to explain that driver follow up. Just think of it this way when your not sure about leaving a pkg correctly or signing for it,or any other stupid thing at UPS. Put the pkg down next to a pile of money about 70k or so. Which would you take? Me I take the money and the guy will get his pkg. the next day.

Lost One Driver In Arbitration In Similar Circumstances.do It By The Methods ,no Exceptions,you Will Sleep Better At Night,

mittam

we also lost a guy fired for signing for the package, the kicker though the lady was home out in back yard , didn't hear knock or doorbell, (he said he did both) she did hear the truck start up and leave and tried to catch driver, she then noticed package on step and took it in, called in a complaint knowing the signature was required, claimed she never got package and loss prevention found out different, did no good for driver he was fired and never got job back,whatever price of package is not worth the job

rushfan

Try to leave it with neighbor. If no neighbor, check appropriate boxes on delivery notice, then make arrow to 800 number on del notice. If they need it, they can call for same day pickup.

If the person dies because they needed their insulin pump, it's their problem. I know it sounds callous, but that's the way it is.

tieguy

Banned
Try to leave it with neighbor. If no neighbor, check appropriate boxes on delivery notice, then make arrow to 800 number on del notice. If they need it, they can call for same day pickup.

If the person dies because they needed their insulin pump, it's their problem. I know it sounds callous, but that's the way it is.

hopefully that won't happen. Hopefully you sign for the package and the guy gets his stuff and is eternally gratefull. But if something goes wrong then you're the schumk that forged a delivery. Good intentions can sometimes blow up in your face.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Just curious, let's say on a Monday, I had a call tag for a defective diabetes monitor from a residence. Let's also say that they live on a dead end road in a rural area, and the new diabetes monitor was on my package car for delivery on the following Friday. Turns out the home owners are not in, and the box is signature required. Now, knowing that the home owner is diabetic and would appreciate having his monitor for the weekend because he is sick, would you scribble his name in the signature box and then clarify his name and stop complete it? Or, would you sheet it as NI1 and leave an info notice and go on to the next stop. Discuss....
Why the hell would falsifying a record even come to your head? If he needs it that badly, he'd:
1) Be in
2) Leave a note
3) Have it delivered to a place where someone will always be in
4) Hold for PU at the centre and get it himself
5) Call for re-attempt (or PUP)

Why you'd think of forging a signature beats the hell out of me.

NO! It's friend'n stupid!

I wouldnt falsify a signature for anything. The nearest thing I ever did was deliver a Dell to a blind person, and guided his hand to the signature spot. What a blind man was going to do with a computer however, I have no idea.
They make computers accessible to the disabled, these days...