Whatever happened to . . .

clean hairy

When a person would reach a milestone, years of service, or years of safe driving, they would be recognized in the PCM in front of their fellow employees, and there would be Cake and Pizza or some other food.
Now, it is just something a Sup or Mgr gives to the employee at the end of the day, not even a congratulations.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When a person would reach a milestone, tears of service, or years of safe driving, they would be recognized in the PCM in front of their fellow employees, and there would be Cake and Pizza or some other food.
Now, it is just something a Sup or Mgr gives to the employee at the end of the day, not even a congratulations.
In our center we get our safe driving certificates from the safety committee. I am still waiting for my Circle of Honor jacket.

Packmule

For my 30 years of service award, I got a Toro self propelled lawn mower and a plaque. Now you just get the plaque. Whatever happened to really appreciating a guy's lifetime of service?

O

OLDMAN3

No joke...
I got a warning letter on my 30 year anniversary of service/internment.
Yellow sticky on my DIAD saying "your plaque is on the floor below". No presentation, nothing.

Rainman

Its all good.
For my 30 years of service award, I got a Toro self propelled lawn mower and a plaque. Now you just get the plaque. Whatever happened to really appreciating a guy's lifetime of service?
At 25 I got gold earrings for my wife. At 30 & 35 I got a piece of paper and a handshake.( a few days late when they finally realized my anniversary had passed.)

O

OLDMAN3

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1421560084.176685.jpg

I was in the "250 Club" back when we had paper delivery records, this is my t-shirt. This meant that I had neat sheet writing skills, they could read my records easily for over 250 stops.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I was in the "250 Club" back when we had paper delivery records, this is my t-shirt. This meant that I had neat sheet writing skills, they could read my records easily for over 250 stops.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of that club. I'm a member of the mile high club--does that count?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Was finally given my 35 yr plaque by another employee who found it in a mgt office where it sat for 2 yrs .

I received my 30 yr plaque along with another employee's 35yrs plaque 3yrs after they were issued .