Whats going on with 251

lookahead251

1474837697548.jpg

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
251 members had free legal care, now it makes your teamcare copay look like a drop in the bucket.
Old legal Divorce? Free.
New legal Divorce? 7500 retainer.
Members lost.
Negotiated contracts with zero raises. Matter of fact some of the worst contracts in the locals history. Hell, they paid thousands to a TDU charlatan from Oregon to negotiate the RIH contract because the ineptitude of the current tyrants. The President of our local gave himself a $4000 raise while his people got $0.40 per hour. Now they have been reduced from working 5, 8 hour shift to 3, 12 hour shift. Not bad you might say? Well, how about no OT after 8? And the missing 4 hours? GONE! UA251 is going greeeaaaat. Should I go on? There is way more.

wide load

I've only seem my benefits improved. I'm not sure what wide load is talking about.
Yeah cuz your a BA mooching off the members. Sitting on your ass inside your house when you got thrown out of UPS for 3 months but still got to collect your full salary. Yet you can't save a job if your life depended on it!

wide load

Informative. They did get rid of the cars which is an asset to the local. Now go and ask these people if the get a cash money car allowance. They do! $658 to be exact. Don't take my word for it, LM2 that shyt! You know the car I can lease for 658? A GD Landrover!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Informative. They did get rid of the cars which is an asset to the local. Now go and ask these people if the get a cash money car allowance. They do! $658 to be exact. Don't take my word for it, LM2 that shyt! You know the car I can lease for 658? A GD Landrover!

Car allowances include fuel and maintenance, as needed.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They did get rid of the cars which is an asset to the local. Now go and ask these people if the get a cash money car allowance. They do! $658 to be exact.
My Local gets a little more than $800 a month for a car allowance.
You know the car I can lease for 658? A GD Landrover!
Can you insure, maintain, and keep that Land Rover in gas for $658 a month?

I'd be interested to know the cost differential realized between then and now?
Anybody know?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Car allowances include fuel and maintenance, as needed.
To be fair, in my Local, they are reimbursed for fuel when traveling over 150 miles.

I see car allowances as a better solution, as it motivates the agents to maintain the vehicle, and realize a tangible benefit for their efforts.

I don't subscribe to the notion that the 8 elected full time representatives out of 4,400 members in my Local, should not be better paid than the rest of the membership.
They deserve a significant bump.

Last edited: