What's TDU gonna say now??

804brown

We were in a "better position" when 35% of the workforce was unionized!! The mob was always a drag on our union and our strength.
As for democracy in TDU, they have democratic elections EVERY YEAR. At the yearly convention, the entire steering committee (the ones that run the organization) is voted on (there is no president or vp,etc). Any TDU member who attends has a vote and the ability to run themselves. It is quite democratic. Sometimes the incumbents win and sometimes newer members win!!

stink219

So why doesn't the IBT do it the same way? That's a pretty cool way to do it. Hold a convention every few years and vote the people in. Imagine? Why do they not have a Pres or VP spots? Why does Paff get a free ride?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We were in a "better position" when 35% of the workforce was unionized!! The mob was always a drag on our union and our strength.
As for democracy in TDU, they have democratic elections EVERY YEAR. At the yearly convention, the entire steering committee (the ones that run the organization) is voted on (there is no president or vp,etc). Any TDU member who attends has a vote and the ability to run themselves. It is quite democratic. Sometimes the incumbents win and sometimes newer members win!!

Really....

Sandy, Looks more "content" in Amsterdam. (Where the picture was taken)

24ooq3d.jpg

Future of the Teamsters.... Not on my watch.

​-Bug-

LagunaBrown

Let's start organizing and go to the TDU convention to vote stink in as the TDU national organizer. How many even show up? I bet we could get a few thousand volunteers just to screw up their program. Let's see how Ken P likes it........ Somehow I think the democracy you talked about wouldn't happen since TDU could just kick out members at will.

stink219

I'd be down for that!!! But they don't hold themselves to the same standards as the IBT. Until they do, TDU is just negative CRAP!! It's CRAP!