Has TDU head David Levin ever been a rank-and-file Teamster?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Does anyone know if the TDU head David Levine was ever a rank-and-file Teamster? What barn did he come out of?

Never heard of him.

"Going forward, David Levin, TDU’s lead organizer with more than 25 years in the movement, will be the Staff Director."

Ken P was only a Teamster for a year in 1974.... prior to working at a gas station.

What’s your beef with TDU? Just curious

Umm.... everything ?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Does anyone know if the TDU head David Levine was ever a rank-and-file Teamster? What barn did he come out of?

What’s your beef with TDU? Just curious

Guess What..

No one gives a flying leap about teamster politics anymore.. TDU and whoever occupies the Washington offices are cut from the same cloth. They will protect the product plain and simple no matter the costs to our members. The last several contracts are prime examples.

There is a change coming but will it be enough to offset the apathy among our membership, the general feeling I am getting is that even our hard core Union loyalists have given up. We are defeated even before our new leadership had even started to negotiate.

Thebrownblob

Guess What..

No one gives a flying leap about teamster politics anymore.. TDU and whoever occupies the Washington offices are cut from the same cloth. They will protect the product plain and simple no matter the costs to our members. The last several contracts are prime examples.

There is a change coming but will it be enough to offset the apathy among our membership, the general feeling I am getting is that even our hard core Union loyalists have given up. We are defeated even before our new leadership had even started to negotiate.
I have not given up
But I am cautiously optimistic.

Thebrownblob

Never heard of him.

"Going forward, David Levin, TDU’s lead organizer with more than 25 years in the movement, will be the Staff Director."

Ken P was only a Teamster for a year in 1974.... prior to working at a gas station.

Umm.... everything ?
TDU is mostly stone throwers. They are very good at pointing out the problem and completely useless at solving it.

Cowboy Mac

Never heard of him.

Umm.... everything ?
Very informative. Thank you for the explanation.

Thebrownblob

at first TDU made some good points and challenged the union leadership but it didn't take long for them to evolve into little more than a lot of hot air.
No doubt, they are really good at whipping up younger members who don’t understand much of anything. They’re also really good giving advice to get people fired because they don’t understand.

Cowboy Mac

Fair enough.... new guy.

They refuse to disclose their source of revenue, and disclose any financial records ?

I can do this all day.
Keep going, then. Anytime I ask anyone who is vehemently against TDU why they are, I can’t get a real answer out of them. Just a lot of cursing and head shaking.

I have dealt with some people from TDU and I have met David Levin, and shook his hand. I see them making an effort to educate members in our local of their rights and making a strong effort to organize UPSers.

But I always like to hear both sides, because sometimes things aren’t really as they seem. So if you have more arguments against TDU, I am open to hear them.

Thebrownblob

Until.... some of their biggest supporters showed up on the list.
Keep going, then. Anytime I ask anyone who is vehemently against TDU why they are, I can’t get a real answer out of them. Just a lot of cursing and head shaking.

I have dealt with some people from TDU and I have met David Levin, and shook his hand. I see them making an effort to educate members in our local of their rights and making a strong effort to organize UPSers.

But I always like to hear both sides, because sometimes things aren’t really as they seem. So if you have more arguments against TDU, I am open to hear them.
It’s not so much that I’m against everything they say I’m just against constant complainers who really don’t have any desire to fix the problem, only to put them out and create animosity between members. That’s not to say there’s not some TDU people with very good intentions I would agree. It just ends up being a union is terrible all the time to them.

Cowboy Mac

It’s not so much that I’m against everything they say I’m just against constant complainers who really don’t have any desire to fix the problem, only to put them out and create animosity between members. That’s not to say there’s not some TDU people with very good intentions I would agree. It just ends up being a union is terrible all the time to them.
I can agree with that. It’s no use to complain about something if you’re not willing to do something to change it.