What's The Origin Of Your User Name?

Chnandler Bong

Most people think mine implies that I am a pot-smoker. Nothing could be further from the truth. I was trying to be clever, but it seems pretty lame in hindsight. If you didn't watch "Friends" or didn't see that particular episode, you would have no clue what it means.

In one of the better episodes of "Friends", it was the name on the TV Guide in the girl's apartment. They always stole the boys' TV Guide, and since TV Guide never spells names correctly, it said Chnandler Bong instead of Chandler Bing. I guess I am easily amused....

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Have a reg stop at a Freightliner mech shop. Chief mech told me one time...........Hey! Did your mechanics install a BLACKBOX in your truck yet??

He mentions there are trucks that have blackboxes in them to review traffic wrecks,but won't tell me which companys they've installed them in.

Something to think about.

HazMatMan

I got this name becasue it seems like every other day I go to PSC to get a responder to come clean up a monavie leaker..hate those bottles!!

Those bottles my friend, are actually packed pretty good. I get a lot of them damaged as well, #1 reason for damage- frozen liquid causing bottle to break.

ups_vette

I retired in 1995 as a UPS veteran with over 32 years of service. I've been a Corvette lover since I purchased my 1st Vette new in 1986.

Now how can I tie those two things together and come up with a screen name that fits my personality? Hmmmmm...I got it! I'll use the screen name ....Sickpony1.
No, that name is already taken, and it does fit his personality.

OK...UPS_VETTE is what I'll use.

trickpony1

Vette-
Are you related to that other frequent management poster that often resorts to name-calling?......perhaps his alter-ego?.......perhaps one of his multiple personalities? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (this means I thought it was funny).

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I didn't put much thought in my User Name. When I decided to register, all the cool names like Wornoutupser, 30andOut, Sendagain, DoubleStandard, Over9five, Toonertoo, were already taken. My first nickname at work was "Crash", I have been also called "Oldtimer" and "OldGeezer". Those were taken too. That evening, my dog that I use as my avatar, was doing what we call a "Victory Roll". He was on his back wiggling back and forth trying to scratch a flea he couldn't get to. My wife made a comment like "look at Freckles, the Scratch King". So I used that.

When I was asked to become a Moderator, I thought about using another User Name, but I figured it would be too much trouble to log on and off. I thought about using "Barney Fife" or "Under9Five". At least I'm honest!:laugh:

under the radar

A Trained Professional
I tell the younger drivers (I started in 1975) "Do what they tell you (as long as it's not unethical or immoral), if it takes you longer, you make more money! Stay under the radar. I also tell them to let management make the decisions. If you have too many air stops, emergency conditions because of weather, etc. stay in communication with the center and let them make the decisions. Do the best you can but let them make the decisions.

I have found, after working for many different management people, that if you work with integrity and do what you agreed to do when you signed on to UPS you will prosper.

Have you ever really looked around your center. There is more propaganda in that place than I have ever seen in my life. Any time I watch TV it seems there is a UPS truck in the background. I've even starte watch King of Queens reruns. If you didnt know, the guy on the show works for IPS- Internaitional Parcel Service. Always seeingbrown!!!

canon

The new pas system caused a lot of missed. My user name is so we never forget the customer.

I like your avatar. I see you and your cat are both using the afdb protection system. Nice. I never leave home without mine too.

What Is An AFDB?

An Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie (AFDB) is a type of headwear that can shield your brain from most electromagnetic psychotronic mind control carriers. AFDBs are inexpensive (even free if you don't mind scrounging for thrown-out aluminium foil) and can be constructed by anyone with at least the dexterity of a chimp (maybe bonobo). This cheap and unobtrusive form of mind control protection offers real security to the masses. Not only do they protect against incoming signals, but they also block most forms of brain scanning and mind reading, keeping the secrets in your head truly secret. AFDBs are safe and operate automatically. All you do is make it and wear it and you're good to go! Plus, AFDBs are stylish and comfortable.
Source: Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie Follow the links at the bottom for proper construction and application.

DS

Fenderbender
I use the AFDB too but I do it all mentally.
I find the ectoplasm buildup with tin foil
gets too messy for evereyday phenomenomn.