What's the point of having a good job , if you have no time for your family ?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
3 week vacations after 5 years of service doesn't sound too bad, plus 5 options days, 10 US official holidays and sick and personal days....I don't get it when you talk about "have no time for your family"
Normal people get to spend 3+ hours with their family every single night. There’s weeks I’m lucky to kiss my kids goodnight twice in the whole week.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Preload was probably the job I liked least in my life, and I've had awful jobs, but I can't disagree more with anyone who says driving a package car is stressful or mentally taxing. It's all relative I guess, but driving around all day dropping packages here and there is about as mindless as it gets, presuming you have even the slightest sense of organization. I've had stressful jobs with legitimate emotional demands and tolls...
Tell me, please, how therapeutic this looks:
IMG_0192 copy.png
9FE709BB-5E3A-46E9-8C41-7E4E8250B72D_1_201_a.jpeg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You guys are way off.

Have you forgot about the 22.4 hybrid driver classification negotiated for and implemented in late April of 2019?

If it wasn't for COVID-19 and its ensuing impact on e-commerce, packages car drivers would be seeing a reduction of hours (OT) as we speak.

Be careful what you wish for people, because I firmly believe it is still coming as things level out and the economy returns to a new normal.

You guys are way off.

Have you forgot about the 22.4 hybrid driver classification negotiated for and implemented in late April of 2019?

If it wasn't for COVID-19 and its ensuing impact on e-commerce, packages car drivers would be seeing a reduction of hours (OT) as we speak.

Be careful what you wish for people, because I firmly believe it is still coming as things level out and the economy returns to a new normal.
Bank it while you can

MisplacedRailWorker

And that picture is of an unscheduled pickup
So is this telling you what you have already done or what you have left to do? And what do the figures 2+19 and 3+22 and so on mean?
That's a small portion of EDD being scrolled through. 2+19 means 2 Airs and 19 Ground. Yes this is what's left. Anything you deliver comes off that list (EDD).

Also, that list is about a mile long. And the first number on the left? Commit time. So those are all late airs that dispatch instructed us to deliver with ground.

MisplacedRailWorker

Thanks. -------------sorry but you guys are friend'ed. 8-)
Oh no I'm gay as the spring now... that picture is from years ago. At Amtrak the most stressful part of the job is watching CSX/NS guys stress about the late intermodal I cause them... most of which are UPS

Nope nothing stressful about 43 minutes left to do 10 pickups after all those late air are off and you're truck is full from the unscheduled pickup pictured above.

No, it's not. If you can't get it done, let your OR know you need help. If you can't get help after giving timely notice, it either gets done or it doesn't. Overdispatching is UPS's problem, not mine.

Now, if you're a 22.4, god help you. That job just sounds awful with no hours protection. But the principle is the same, it gets done or it doesn't, just notify your OR in a timely manner and you've done your part.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You could quit and get a job like normal people and quit whining about it. Nobody twists your arm to work for UPS.
He wasn't whining.

He was answering someone who was contesting the claim that UPS drivers get to see their families much less than those with conventional office jobs.

If you had read the context, instead of looking for a cheap shot, you would have seen that.

UPSER1987

He wasn't whining.

He was answering someone who was contesting the claim that UPS drivers get to see their families much less than those with conventional office jobs.

If you had read the context, instead of looking for a cheap shot, you would have seen that.
Sorry if I offended your boo, but that was whining, lol.

And....I offered a solution, which is more than you did. Life is full of choices- make yours and deal with it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
He wasn't whining.

He gets beat up on the regular at the conference call
Just comes here to act out makes him feel better about himself

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You could quit and get a job like normal people and quit whining about it. Nobody twists your arm to work for UPS.
1) I was stating a fact. Not whining. I know what choice I made

2) circumstances change

3) when I started this job guys had country club memberships because they regularly got off early enough to play a round.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hopefully i won't regret it when i get older.
[/QUOTEgimmee a break. this is a union job. I had 7 weeks of vacation, 9 sick days, holidays I cant remember how many , most saturdays and sundays off. I only worked an average of 200 days a year giving me 165 free days off.

jessus , you guys will complain about anything.