What's top pay rate for delivery drivers?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And TCD is now over 29 right . like $29.04. For the southern region
$29.249. One day you're making $10 an hour, next thing you know you've got more than you even know what to do with. I hate the stock market I won't do the 401k route I don't care what people say. Not sure what I'm gonna do with all this money, rich people problems......

underworked1

$29.249. One day you're making $10 an hour, next thing you know you've got more than you even know what to do with. I hate the stock market I won't do the 401k route I don't care what people say. Not sure what I'm gonna do with all this money, rich people problems......
Depends on what job you have. If it has any employer match or .50 cents on the dollar match you do the 401k. You automatically get .50 cents on the dollar return on your investment right out the gate...which far out paces any stock return.

9.5 everyday

I owe 13k on my house.
That's awesome. I have a very long way to go. My wife and I pay at least one extra mortgage payment a year which cuts down the amount of interest paid considerably, and will also reduces the length of pay off time by years. But one question, with that little remaining, why not just cut a check and be done with it?

9.5 everyday

It sounds like a lot of money, but you can't retire comfortably without investing. Good luck working until you die.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
For a job which only requires a drivers license and HS diploma?

We are overpaid for what we do.
so you deserve less? you sound like a self entitled maroon who walked right into a driving spot. didn't have to put in decade of part time making peanuts just waiting for your shot to go full time driving to maybe pass. but I'm sure that doesn't matter to you. please go away.

Coalminer2005

so you deserve less? you sound like a self entitled maroon who walked right into a driving spot. didn't have to put in decade of part time making peanuts just waiting for your shot to go full time driving to maybe pass. but I'm sure that doesn't matter to you. please go

Delivery!!!

Some of us who walked into a driving spot put in our time, just not with UPS. It's not like they just hand that out without having a good prior work history, resume, and education.

BrownThunder

I'm on my first year as a driver and doing fine. Owe 196k on our house, 35k left on her car and 3k in cc debt.

We have subscribed to the Dave Ramsey school of thought as it pertains to debt. We are going through the 7 baby steps to work towards financial freedom. By the time I make top scale the only debt I want us to have is the house. I want that paid off within 15 years too so we can be in our mid 40s with no mortgage.

JL 0513

I'm on my first year as a driver and doing fine. Owe 196k on our house, 35k left on her car and 3k in cc debt.

We have subscribed to the Dave Ramsey school of thought as it pertains to debt. We are going through the 7 baby steps to work towards financial freedom. By the time I make top scale the only debt I want us to have is the house. I want that paid off within 15 years too so we can be in our mid 40s with no mortgage.

Wife must work, no kids?

Box Ox

Some of us who walked into a driving spot put in our time, just not with UPS. It's not like they just hand that out without having a good prior work history, resume, and education.

And if you have those things, chances are you still didn't go through what a part timer who for years got up at 2am to sling up to 150s five days a week for peanuts did.

Man Of Brown

And if you have those things, chances are you still didn't go through what a part timer who for years got up at 2am to sling up to 150s five days a week for peanuts did.

I was hired off the street. I worked hard as a seasonal driver and earned my spot. I worked second jobs at night for actual minimum wage and no benefits to make ends meet. I would have loved $11 an hour and free health insurance.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I was hired off the street. I worked hard as a seasonal driver and earned my spot. I worked second jobs at night for actual minimum wage and no benefits to make ends meet. I would have loved $11 an hour and free health insurance.
I was hired off the street as a summer seasonal along with 2 guys from the inside. One of us stuck.

9.5 everyday

At least you have a game plan. A lot of people don't. But you could have eliminated the credit card debt if you didn't have a $35,000+ car. Jmo.