What's Your DEX01 Count Going To Be Today?

overflowed

Don't offer commit times if your drivers aren't capable of handling it.

My cell phone is used quite extensively for on-call pick ups.

I get paid far more than an express driver because I manage to a high standard. Like most contractors. And the ones that can't handle the service commitment have been getting weeded out for years. There's a reason we are the only shining beacon in a sea of terds...

You don't need to straight line if managed correctly.

Higher level of responsibility that you can't handle. All the Dex01s. Late commits. I'm sure there are many other failures regularly.

How much you get paid? Also your post just lost me. Was that a rant? Man its peak calm down, we can't just hire temp drivers for peak work like ground. Whoever's injured, or sick, or dead we gotta roll with. It ok. It's a box.

MAKAVELI

I get paid far more than an express driver because I manage to a high standard. Like most contractors. And the ones that can't handle the service commitment have been getting weeded out for years. There's a reason we are the only shining beacon in a sea of terds...

Higher level of responsibility that you can't handle. All the Dex01s. Late commits. I'm sure there are many other failures regularly.

Yea you don't have clue. If all I had to do was jump in a truck and del in a straight line I could double the stops I do. The oncalls we get are not customers kindly asking for a pickup. We are constantly bombarded with strict pickup windows which take precedence over del. Causing us to break off route on a routine basis. On top of that we get reatempt messages for corrected address not to mention businesses that are closed have to have a second attempt the same day. Ground also doesn't care if drivers take their breaks actually it's discouraged. We are required to and our power pads are locked out for that time. If you had to work with our rules you would be crying for your moma. Your comments remind me of a clueless customer who has no concept of how hard we work to bring you your pkg.

overflowed

Yea you don't have clue. If all I had to do was jump in a truck and del in a straight line I could double the stops I do. The oncalls we get are not customers kindly asking for a pickup. We are constantly bombarded with strict pickup windows which take precedence over del. Causing us to break off route on a routine basis. On top of that we get reatempt messages for corrected address not to mention businesses that are closed have to have a second attempt the same day. Ground also doesn't care if drivers take their breaks actually it's discouraged. We are required to and our power pads are locked out for that time. If you had to work with our rules you would be crying for your moma. Your comments remind me of a clueless customer who has no concept of how hard we work to bring you your pkg.
Don' t enlighten them, they're like children. It's useless.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

Word!

StuffItFred

Still waiting. Any guesses when they show up? Well past 10:30...

I want my MacBook! If I get home before he delivers it ill pick him up a red bull and give him a hard time... But if I have to go pick it up ill rip whoever is there a new one! I don't blame the driver. Just the incompetent management.

Attempted at 530. Only 7 hours late.

Haha what terd express has become. Can't pick it up tonight. Pick it up tomorrow or they will reattempt Monday. Our terminal lets you pick up until 9...

Lol keep packing those envelopes ladies. We all know you work so hard.

What is pathetic is the ground guys like you talking a bunch of BS about something you have no clue about. I used to think the ground guys were ok. But, you honestly have no idea about the Express side.

bbsam

Staff member
MFE and I had this discussion quite a while ago and determined that it goes both ways. We at Ground don't understand Express and you guys have no clue about Ground.

SmithBarney

Your comments remind me of a clueless customer who has no concept of how hard we work to bring you your pkg.

You mean, my package isn't the only one in the truck?

As for the envelope comment, some folks just don't get it. Some routes have as many as 6(or more) commit times. Some days you don't have to chase commits, I have two areas goes like this P1(1030,1200), SO(1500,1630) E2/Saver(I forget these since I usually get them done early.)

Yes I have a clue about ground since other than management, its a full truck with no commitment.
I drove for several years at UPS(and we handled our own NDA(overnight) in my area)

Unfortunately because Ground has no "uniform" training or regulations that govern the drivers,
some suck(like the one that ran me off the road TWICE Friday dead end road in/out) and some are "great" if we can take BBSAMs word for it.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MFE and I had this discussion quite a while ago and determined that it goes both ways. We at Ground don't understand Express and you guys have no clue about Ground.

True, but some of you Ground folks really do seem clueless about Express. It's (Express) kind of like patting your stomach and head at the same time while trying to juggle 3 balls and play the piano. It seems pretty simple for the Ground driver. They load up, and straightline every day. No on-call pickups, and no deadline other than getting it there on the right day.

So far this week, most of our sorts have gone down at least 90 minutes late, and we had 2 days where we had to return to the building for 2nd sorts. The other days, freight was being shuttled out to meet points because CTVs were still bringing-in containers during the day. Right now, we haven't even touched a couple of AMJs that were supposed to be delivered Friday. And yes, we still have multiple commit times. Extended route couriers have 5 or 6 commitment times if they do an AA area before they head into their AM and PM areas.

Oh, and I'm guessing we have at least 3,000 DEX01's sitting on pallets that were due a couple of days ago.

No problem. Memphis has it "under control".

STFXG

I have no idea. I just know you failed. All of your anti ground rants are from anecdotal evidence. Just stating my first hand experience.

Express at this point seems to represent the Peter principle within the FedEx organization. You have risen to your level of incompetence. Time to cut back.

MAKAVELI

I have no idea. I just know you failed. All of your anti ground rants are from anecdotal evidence. Just stating my first hand experience.

Express at this point seems to represent the Peter principle within the FedEx organization. You have risen to your level of incompetence. Time to cut back.

This is where you are wrong. Us drivers did not fail. If anything we go above and beyond what truly can be expected. Upper management and the top brass failed. They have cut so much in every area of operation that when this " perfect storm" hit of extreme volume during a short time it overwhelmed the system. It happens every year just not to this extent. This is where your lack of knowledge and ignorance comes into play. Most, not all, express drivers could run circles around you ground drivers. We as drivers set the bar and you ground drivers lower it . You complain about not getting your computer on time during the busiest time of the year but I hear so many complaints against ground all year long. Even my most demanding customers are understanding and appreciative that we del their packages at this time of the year, even if it is a little late. What a :censored2:.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Anecdotal? Hardly. Perhaps management has risen to it's level of incompetence, but not your average courier. This is totally a failure of upper management, not the local level.

If we fail, it's because we've been set-up to fail.

Time to cut-back? My man, that's precisely the problem...they have cut-back too far. And the reason is that they (Memphis) are utterly incompetent. After this Cluster friend there wil still be promotions and raises all around.

That's how they roll in Memphis. Go ahead and think you know what you're talking about...you don't.

jmeti000

Im so tired if hearing how Express is dropping the ball. Let me give you an idea of what the drivers are going through right now...We get up around 6am every day and ingest our breakfast, which btw contains at least 4 IBprophin and a LOT of caffine because as many of you already know, we dont all get to cart around little envelopes all day. We get to work around 7, some of us sooner, only to find out that the planes are delayed and the truck that was supposed to be here by now is going to be around 30 mins late. When freight does arive WE (the drivers) unload it from the plane/truck, sort it, and load our own trucks. On a normal day we leave the building at around 915, but as of late its been more like 11-12. IF we are lucky, all the planes made it in on time...if not then drivers on certain routes get the distinguished honor of coming back to the station to unload the plane, sort, and stack the packages near the route they are for, then we get to go back out and deliver again. HOWEVER, as some of you said, we also have to squeaze in pickups, and those pickups must be back for the plane to leave by 1650. And what does this mean? Again, certain routes must come back to the station, sort, and load the plane so it can leave. By the time the second plane has launched its 1730 and we are now free to go and deliver without worrying about pickups. So, so far in a 10hr day (with a 30 min break we all took at 830 in the morning) we have had about 4 hrs worth of delivery time, so we all get back in our trucks and try to deliver the rest of the packages....But wait, after 3.5 more hours of delivering packages by flashlight and in the snow (in my area) you still have 40+ packages left and you hafta go back to the station to clock out. Why you ask? Because drivers cant work beyond 14 hours in a day per DOT. So we take the rest of the packages back to the station and clock out asap so we dont have a violation.

Next day, same as first only your staring at a mountain of packages left over from the day before. All I can say is for the next few days, try to take it easy on your delivery drivers if they are moving a little slower, slur the words "Have a good holiday" as they slowly trudge away slumped over a bit, and if your package is a day late remember that they (the drivers) are the equivalant of a waitress getting bitched at by customers who where just served food from a ****ty cook. Most of us do the best we can and want to give you the service you paid for, but there are some things that are just beyond our control.

vantexan

Are you bitter that you don't qualify for an easy Express job? Yeah, that's it, you much prefer to work harder for less. Good on ya mate, helpin' FedEx pay for Express benefits!

Worked for both. Both are BS. But remember the corporate leaders get what they pay for. No health insurance, no paid days off, only one week vacation a year, no matter how long you work for them, no paid holidays, all drivers are low paid salary so they don't get paid overtime if they work over 10 hours everyday, I think that is it.