What's Your DEX01 Count Going To Be Today?

STFXG

No need for the personal attack stopsperhour... Feel free to go back and read the entire thread. I never blamed the drivers.

And MFE. The reason express needs to cut back is because you are offering more services than you can handle. I've read your posts about the constant mishandling of the workforce. The company is clearly mismanaged. It needs to be strictly over night. Simplify things.

Don't qualify for an express job? You're right... I've got a bachelors degree and 10 years of experience. I'm far over qualified for an express delivery position. And you're welcome for the benefits. I'm happy with what I make. More than fair compensation.

You all need to stop being so sensitive. I never insulted the drivers. Just the company.

Goldilocks

Btw this is all directed at express being mismanaged. Not towards its actual drivers. I know you guys aren't the problem...

I agree with you on this. They threw DRA in our laps and pretty much said handle it. Well, DRA has created more routes than most stations could handle. Not only that, I do the download in the morning and its been taking 2 hours to process. Our system simply can not handle it. As Network Control told me " Its like putting mudd through a strainer" If the download is not done by the begining of the sort, guess what? No PSCAN! Our drivers in the past peaks have been going out with 300 plus stops, this year its 160 stops per route, more manageable according to DRA and great because what this is showing Memphis is that our guys have been doing the work of 2 or 3 drivers. But what this monster really created on paper was that most stations are needing more employees to run these routes and the ultimate loser in all of this is our customers. We dont have the manpower we cant get their packages delivered, drivers working 70 hours, running a Sunday operation,working 14 hours Christmas Eve and probably Christmas Day. It's a mess!

MAKAVELI

No need for the personal attack stopsperhour... Feel free to go back and read the entire thread. I never blamed the drivers.

And MFE. The reason express needs to cut back is because you are offering more services than you can handle. I've read your posts about the constant mishandling of the workforce. The company is clearly mismanaged. It needs to be strictly over night. Simplify things.

Don't qualify for an express job? You're right... I've got a bachelors degree and 10 years of experience. I'm far over qualified for an express delivery position. And you're welcome for the benefits. I'm happy with what I make. More than fair compensation.

You all need to stop being so sensitive. I never insulted the drivers. Just the company.

It sure seems like to me you were blaming the drivers. Remember we work for the same company and you wouldn't have a job at ground if it weren't for express. Don't fool yourself, it's not a business, it's a job. And a scam at that.

overflowed

...after all the grief you guys give the ground guys I don't blame him for having a little fun at your expense...

like Goldi said not a good time to do it. I'm usually pretty chill, but after 2 weeks of busting DOT hrs I personally took a little offense. Others did as well.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You insult us by associating the incompetence of our upper management with us. Express couriers on the whole, are extremely competent. The company sucks already, but by focusing almost their entire limited span of attention on Ground, they're making it worse. Express is still a viable entity, but they (management) are doing their best to ensure it goes down the toilet.

One of the last things they had left was a good reputation with the public. I agree with others that this peak will do extreme damage to it, and that all the PR and pandas in the world won't be able to repair it.

Oh, and a lot if us have qualifications that make yours look weak in comaprison. Just saying..

MAKAVELI

...after all the grief you guys give the ground guys I don't blame him for having a little fun at your expense...

like Goldi said not a good time to do it. I'm usually pretty chill, but after 2 weeks of busting DOT hrs I personally took a little offense. Others did as well.

You know we wouldn't take as much offense if we're coming from the ground drivers and not the contractors. They are essentially the same as our management. At least we know the Ground drivers bust their ass for even less then we get while these contractors are bragging about the money they make. Then they have the balls to talk ****.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Btw this is all directed at express being mismanaged. Not towards its actual drivers. I know you guys aren't the problem...

What about the Ground guys? They've had plenty of "did not attempt" packages around here according to the Ground guys I deal with.

I guess if your management was better, you'd get the packages off.

59 Dano

Zero 01's all week for me. Yesterday we had one driver that came back with 01's. We had an A+ plan.
our Volume is up ~150 percent. My area was cut in half, and the area I kept went from a norm of 35 stops to over 100.(yes that is more than the STA increase)
Breakfast and Pizza all week... and we still have tomorrow!(and Monday)

Our market guinea pigged a plan 2 years ago and it bombed. Freight was needlessly late and we had to roll 15% to 20% of our inbound on a couple of days. It was bad. Last peak I don't know if we rolled anything and this peak we had record levels of inbound, no rolled freight, and everything has gone very well here. Our peak plan has some issues here and there but it's been the smoothest peak in recent memory.

59 Dano

Lol keep packing those envelopes ladies. We all know you work so hard.

That seems to be the response from the Ground people who came over to Express in this area.

I can only speak for what goes on in this area, but Grounders who defect seem to think that Express is just like Ground, only with benefits, better pay, nicer trucks, and OT pay. I've heard a few LOL at the idea of 2 weeks of training because they think that the job is to just go out and deliver boxes at a casual pace with no time commitments. It's great entertainment to watch them trying to line up their stops by service, meet the service commitments, and work in the oncall pickups that come in in real time with 1 hour windows. They simply have no idea what the Express courier does.

Some of them make the full transition and do a great job but they are the exception rather than the rule. The rest are passable.

MAKAVELI

Lol keep packing those envelopes ladies. We all know you work so hard.

That seems to be the response from the Ground people who came over to Express in this area.

I can only speak for what goes on in this area, but Grounders who defect seem to think that Express is just like Ground, only with benefits, better pay, nicer trucks, and OT pay. I've heard a few LOL at the idea of 2 weeks of training because they think that the job is to just go out and deliver boxes at a casual pace with no time commitments. It's great entertainment to watch them trying to line up their stops by service, meet the service commitments, and work in the oncall pickups that come in in real time with 1 hour windows. They simply have no idea what the Express courier does.

Some of them make the full transition and do a great job but they are the exception rather than the rule. The rest are passable.

Well what do you know. Here is a statement from you that I actually agree with. I have seen this happen a few times at my station. They come in arrogant thinking they know the job and can do it better than any of the veterans and after their first day on road come back with a bewildered look and usually don't last long after that. They usually go back to ground after finding out what we really do here at Express.