whats your favorite quotes< sayings , etc at the barn

BrownHatt

In my center drivers load their own package cars, because we are on a 12 route island with no preload. My supervisor is famous for shouting "BULK OUT; GET OUT" and "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE" as you struggle to finish loading your truck before you leave the building at 11:35 or so. This place is not anything like a normal center.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Your doing a great job! ( while you are hearing the boxes screaming from getting crushed from the non stop endless stream of boxes that completely jam a sort table)

A

anonymous6

"this is off the record. i don't care how you do it, but make service on these trailers" ( snowstorm roaring )

JDoe123

ad astra per aspera
#1 , we do it as a team or we dont do it at all , #2 , everyday is peak day ,#3, go hard or go home ,#4, if the team doesnt win we dont win ,#5, I only have two speeds slow and stopped, #6, who do I look like Captain save a hoe ,#7 , hold on a second , I think I sharted myself , #8 if you need me I will be in the cool zone , #9 , I have been doing this since you were shytting yellow ,#10 another grievance check , holy geeze boss you got this wrong ,looks as is another article 17 will fix it .

#5 made me laugh.

Island

Some FT mgmt here in North Texas have some odd things they say.

Segment 1
"We need horses!" He's saying he needs hard workers. He's a rancher when he's not shouting at poor people.
"I need two horses in here right now!" when seeing that an unloader straight-up walked out of a trailer with a load that looked like a hurricane hit it
"This ain't no popcorn stand!" Anytime anyone is standing in one place, even if their job requires it, always.
"<worker name>, do you see that stack-out over there?" "Holy crap, that looks terrible." "I need you to go over to that truck and unf***it." "AWWWWWWW!"
"I like you, you're a horse." "Neiiighhhh!" "Horses don't talk!"
In regard to this supervisor who uttered the above statements, another worker and I were once in a truck working and making fun of his constant desire of horses (in all the worst ways), and when we finished the truck and turned around, he was there. He walked away in silence. We asked a worker who had been working at the door how long he had been there, and she told us he was there for the majority of the truck. He never did anything to us... given how management treats me these days, I was super lucky that day.

Segment 2
"Don't file this grievance."
"No. I am telling you not to file this grievance."
"If you file this grievance, I'm putting you back in small sort and you won't be getting your hours. I know you hate working in small sort."
"We'll be watching you. All it takes in ten occurrences."
"I don't like to write people up for coming in a minute late, but do that a few times and... you're out of here." I've called in probably three times in 8 months and they threaten grievance vengeance, with attendance... right.
"I think you're a great employee but I can't have you working in Irregs if you're gonna file on the supervisors working in irregs."

Segment 3
A new hire was asking me about the 8/5, while we were working, because the supervisor had been bothering him to learn the keys.
Me: "So the 5 keys are a little harder to remember, because you can't just perform it and say it as you do things, but we all remember an acronym-"
Supe: "<shouts my name>, PRODUCTION FIRST, SAFETY LAST."

'Lord Brown's bidding'

"Thank you for the good job getting it done last night!"

"Been looking good lately; Keep it up!"

"Sometimes I love you..." (Dispatch sup told me this not three weeks ago after I made room on my car to fit some large pieces for a bulk stop he didn't think was going to fit on my car and had cut to another driver's car)

I have also had a sup tell me this year "I am ashamed to be your sup! I am ashamed FOR YOU for your performance today" (had 20 stops done @ 2:15 when I called him, ended up with 93 or 97 at 8:00pm; by their numbers the next day, however, I wasn't even 20 mins over) Nonetheless, I prefer to let those-type comments roll off the back as they are made, and hold onto the gems like those above...