When can I get out?

trapper

I worked part-time for 17 years then full-time 10 so far at UPS. I am having a hard time figuring out pensions. I have a UPS pension for my part-time, I think. And I have a Central States pension for my full-time years, I think. Do these years combine for one pension? Or do I have to earn a separate pension for Central States?

yeldarb

i think its 17/2 +10+ your age. When the total reaches 72 isnt it? I dont know exactly, because it is still so far away

pretender

Don't hold me to this, because I have never gotten the same answer twice...
You can combine your friend/t and p/t years toward 30 and out--So, you have 3 years to go. You will get two pension checks--One from UPS and one from the union. However, depending on your age, I am going to guess that the combined pensions would be anywhere from $1000 to $2000 per month...

30andout

Same problem here, 14 years friend/t under UPS retirement plan and 20 yrs with Central Sucks, OOPS I mean Central States. You must be 57 for benefits from either.10 to go for Central States, that is 44 years with Brown, I don't think my body will last that long. Maybe they will let me mount my walker on the back bumper.:mad:

laborer

I worked part-time for 17 years then full-time 10 so far at UPS. I am having a hard time figuring out pensions. I have a UPS pension for my part-time, I think. And I have a Central States pension for my full-time years, I think. Do these years combine for one pension? Or do I have to earn a separate pension for Central States?

UPS and Central States have a reciprocal agreement so for easy math say you work 20yrs PT and 10yrs FT at age 62? or 63? you would draw 2/3rds of a PT 30yr pension from UPS and 1/3rd of a 30yr pension from Central States. This was how it was explained to me.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Each contract is different.

Under ours, instead of buying my last years out, I could have done the combining route. But over the long haul, combining years would have cost me money after 12 or 13 years. So I opted for straight teamster retirement, with the UPS part of my service paying me starting at 55 I think. I could start drawing the reduced pension from UPS right now, but the hit would be too hard.

d