When Did the Decline Start?

quad decade guy

The self directed work groups were little more than a tool to try to weaken the union. Most of us gave it a try despite doubts. What we found out was that our supposed power was a joke and we were unable to change anything, Everything also had to be approved by management who could veto anything they didn't like. Instead of developing trust it backfired and increased distrust.
Yes. Exactly right. Why? Because all of those "programs" cost money. For example: we have until recently, snacks and such provided every Thursday. Someone complained(about something) and no more. Like the safety committee, UPS and the UNION just can't make things work together.

Big Babooba

UPS offered to take over the pension then. In hindsight it would have been a good thing. But people trusted the company even less than the union which demonstrates the work environment at the time.
Re? Look what they've done to management's pensions. Do you really want the shaft that they got?

quad decade guy

Re? Look what they've done to management's pensions. Do you really want the shaft that they got?
Ok. We are getting shafted also. Right now. Ask Rod. I guess I could accept being shafted by the Company(I expect it) better than my own people. I guess....BTW, defined benefit pension plans are being shafted everywhere. All a matter of time with big cities just waiting to flush pension obligations at bankruptcy.

Back From Break
And if you really think the 85% wasn’t a typo (I initially said 58) then you have an even bigger issue going on than being absolutely obsessed.

OK. Show me the article showing a 58% increase for FedEx Ground for the year.

you cant really compare percentages anyway because ups is bigger.

Actually, that's why you compare percentages, not actual physical package increase.

So it is going to take fewer packages to move the needle percentage wise for fedex

Correct. If both UPS and FedEx Ground increased 30% for the year, UPS actually gained a hell of a lot more packages than FedEx did.

It makes since that they’d had a better 2020 than us as far as volume increases goes.

Still won't back up your claim with an article yet, will you?

Overpaid Union Thug

OK. Show me the article showing a 58% increase for FedEx Ground for the year.

Actually, that's why you compare percentages, not actual physical package increase.

Correct. If both UPS and FedEx Ground increased 30% for the year, UPS actually gained a hell of a lot more packages than FedEx did.

Still won't back up your claim with an article yet, will you?
During the time you have been pounding on your keyboard, and likely your pillow at night, you have been missing opportunities to find things for yourself. I don’t need to waste any time justifying anything to a company man. Now go get back under your managers desk.

Back From Break
During the time you have been pounding on your keyboard, and likely your pillow at night, you have been missing opportunities to find things for yourself. I don’t need to waste any time justifying anything to a company man. Now go get back under your managers desk.

Can't show me the article, can you?

You just made up a bunch of numbers, threw them out there, and didn't expect anybody to call you on it.

You've been called out, now prove it.

Overpaid Union Thug

Can't show me the article, can you?

You just made up a bunch of numbers, threw them out there, and didn't expect anybody to call you on it.

You've been called out, now prove it.
You’ve called out no one. Get over yourself. And why would I make up those numbers? It was an article in my google feed. Maybe they were talking about stock price? Maybe they were taking about package volume? There were other articles parroting the same information but without sources. Most base their info on quarters and each company’s fiscal years. I’m not an obsessed looser like you don’t don’t have the patience to piece them all together. I don’t care if it’s 58% or only 10%. Get a life man. Your are pathetic. And probably should be put on suicide watch. Or maybe just express your feelings to the safety committee? LMFAO

Back From Break
You’ve called out no one. Get over yourself. And why would I make up those numbers? It was an article in my google feed. Maybe they were talking about stock price? Maybe they were taking about package volume? There were other articles parroting the same information but without sources. Most base their info on quarters and each company’s fiscal years. I’m not an obsessed looser like you don’t don’t have the patience to piece them all together. I don’t care if it’s 58% or only 10%. Get a life man. Your are pathetic. And probably should be put on suicide watch. Or maybe just express your feelings to the safety committee? LMFAO

So now your backtracking, and saying that maybe that 58% that you quoted multiple times wasn't actually volume increase. It might have been stock, it might have been anything, you don't have any idea.

you also said there were other articles without sources. Okay, show me those articles.

I'm not obsessed with anything. You made an incorrect statement of fact. I asked you to prove it. You never did, and still cannot.

And you call me a loser. If the shoe fits...

Overpaid Union Thug

So now your backtracking, and saying that maybe that 58% that you quoted multiple times wasn't actually volume increase. It might have been stock, it might have been anything, you don't have any idea.

you also said there were other articles without sources. Okay, show me those articles.

I'm not obsessed with anything. You made an incorrect statement of fact. I asked you to prove it. You never did, and still cannot.

And you call me a loser. If the shoe fits...

Did your last attempted suicide lead to brain damage?

Back From Break
Did your last attempted suicide lead to brain damage?

Being a union thug, I assume you didn't graduate from the 9th grade.

I'm going to type this real slow so that even you can understand.

You claim that there are multiple articles out there on the interwebs claiming FedEx's volume increase dwarfed ours this past year. You even quoted this magical 58% number multiple times.

Now remember, I'm typing this real slow so that you can keep up.

Show me the articles, or are you just going to keep deflecting by calling me management or a loser?

Show me just one. I won't hold my breath though.

Overpaid Union Thug

Being a union thug, I assume you didn't graduate from the 9th grade.

I'm going to type this real slow so that even you can understand.

You claim that there are multiple articles out there on the interwebs claiming FedEx's volume increase dwarfed ours this past year. You even quoted this magical 58% number multiple times.

Now remember, I'm typing this real slow so that you can keep up.

Show me the articles, or are you just going to keep deflecting by calling me management or a loser?

Show me just one. I won't hold my breath though.
I’m enjoying toying with your obsessive company man emotions. You’re literally pounding on your pillow every night over this. LMFAO! I don’t need to prove anything to you. I know what I saw. If you don’t like that I won’t do your homework for you then that’s great! Because it’s obvious that the thought, even the idea, that FedEx is gaining on us, which they are, really triggers you. And that’s what this is really about. Not a specific number that you keep demanding proof of. And you know that. And that, and the fact that you’ve been a pretentious d__che about it, is why I’m enjoying getting under your skin. LMFAO! You’re pathetic. No really. Truly pathetic.

5FA4434E-9F31-4485-A215-3FAC2F84CCAF.jpeg

Last edited:

Back From Break
I’m enjoying toying with your obsessive company man emotions.

No obsession here. You actually seem to enjoy skirting the issue of proof to back up your claim.

You’re literally pounding on your pillow every night over this.

No, I'm really not. I totally forget about you until I log back in to BrownCafe and check the threads. You're not worth losing sleep over.

I don’t need to prove anything to you.

You made a claim, and then refuse to back it up. Who is pathetic now.

People who post numbers as fact on here cite sources to back up their claims...Well, everybody except you.

If you don’t like that I won’t do your homework for you then that’s great!

I checked. No such articles anywhere on the internet, only the made up articles in your mind.

Because it’s obvious that the thought, even the idea, that FedEx is gaining on us, which they are, really triggers you.

I haven't seen any numbers yet that they are gaining on us. You refuse to post any.

Not a specific number that you keep demanding proof of.

You threw exact numbers out there and now refuse to back up your baseless claims......I mean...58% is a pretty specific number.

Oh, wait....I read it on the internet so it has to be true....right? I have some land I need to sell. You interested?

Who's pathetic now?

And that, and the fact that you’ve been a pretentious d__che about it, is why I’m enjoying getting under your skin.

Not getting under my skin. I enjoy seeing you squirm and do everything you can to sidestep the fact that you have no proof whatsoever to back up your baseless claims.

You’re pathetic. No really. Truly pathetic.

Like I said....If the shoe fits.....

Overpaid Union Thug

No obsession here. You actually seem to enjoy skirting the issue of proof to back up your claim.

No, I'm really not. I totally forget about you until I log back in to BrownCafe and check the threads. You're not worth losing sleep over.

You made a claim, and then refuse to back it up. Who is pathetic now.

People who post numbers as fact on here cite sources to back up their claims...Well, everybody except you.

I checked. No such articles anywhere on the internet, only the made up articles in your mind.

I haven't seen any numbers yet that they are gaining on us. You refuse to post any.

You threw exact numbers out there and now refuse to back up your baseless claims......I mean...58% is a pretty specific number.

Oh, wait....I read it on the internet so it has to be true....right? I have some land I need to sell. You interested?

Who's pathetic now?

Not getting under my skin. I enjoy seeing you squirm and do everything you can to sidestep the fact that you have no proof whatsoever to back up your baseless claims.

Like I said....If the shoe fits.....
Your entire goal here is to get me to either prove a precise number or admit that I made it up. I never claimed the number to be precise nor am I, or anyone else that repeats something they read elsewhere, obligated to provide sources just to appease some obsessed lunatic who’s entire well-being seems to depend on it. You are going to have to settle for polishing your entire collection of die cast UPS trucks. I know you have them all.

Something is legitimately wrong with you mentally. Obsessively badgering someone over a harmless comment that was obviously not meant to be 100% accurate but a generalization of the situation is a sign of a mental illness. To want to prove someone wrong this badly that you, in your own mind anyway, get that “mic drop” moment, or be able to say “see I told you you were lying”, is also a sign that you might belong in a padded room.

You need to get the fact that I will not be appeasing any of those obsessive and pathetic desires today through your thick skull. Or any other day in the future. There will be no mic drop moment or admission of lying/making numbers up. And guess what? There is nothing you can do about it but throw a fit and get over it.

Or you can keep going after everyone that Says FedEx Ground out does us in anyway and end up having a nervous break down. Your choice.

Back From Break
I never claimed the number to be precise

harmless comment that was obviously not meant to be 100% accurate but a generalization of the situation

Really. Nearly 60% or 85% and around 58% is pretty precise to me.

Their volume increased nearly 60% last year while our growth was a fraction of that.

Somewhere around 58% to 36%.

FedEx volume was up 85% last year.

The numbers I “made up” appeared on multiple news articles across the web.

OK, where?

There will be no mic drop moment or admission of lying/making numbers up.

We already know that you made them up. Say whatever you want so that you can sleep at night.

I don’t care if it’s 58% or only 10%

Exactly. You have no idea what it is.