When Did the Decline Start?

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
CCIV to the MOON! Risky

If no Lucid Motors deal... it'll dive 50% in a day.
If Lucid Motors IPO's with Churchill then quickly to triple digits. Imo

Worth the risk for me but I don't know what I'm doing 20% of the time.

Happy Friday

Overpaid Union Thug

You said FedEx Ground volume increased by 60% last year.

I said try again because you're so far off that it's funny. And, how much of the actual volume increase they got last year was because of COVID. Our volume also went up drastically because of COVID. We were up 65% by July of last year. I haven't seen a final number for the year, but I will bet you it was higher than FedEx Ground.

Last year FedEx Ground delivered 2.54 billion packages. In 2019, they delivered 2.28 billion packages. If you can't do the math yourself and figure out the percent increase, go to your local grade school and ask a 3rd grader to do it for you. I'll give you a hint though...it's less than 12%
Do you not pay attention to the dates of the articles you frantically post? LOL. Or just purposely/conveniently pick the date that benefits you? And of course COVID affected volume. But they got more. This is hilarious! LMFAO!

Driver7906

I started before they took away gift selection for years of safe driving and the holiday turkey. I just remind myself that I still earn more money every year and I can do without the front benefits that we used to receive but it seemed that UPS had more of a heart back when I started.

I still don’t want to work anywhere else. Feeder life has been much better, I’ll also add.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yes I do.

I didn't pick the date. FedEx picked the date. This is the latest data published by FedEx.

FedEx fiscal year ends on May 31st.
Why would you stop at May 31 when I was obviously referring to the calendar year and particularly since COVID started? During which time FedEx volume increase dwarfed UPSs. Somewhere around 58% to 36%. Many shippers were struggling to stay afloat (or still had to appease stock holders) so they went with the cheaper options. Makes sense.

Back From Break
Why would you stop at May 31 when I was obviously referring to the calendar year and particularly since COVID started? During which time FedEx volume increase dwarfed UPSs. Somewhere around 58% to 36%. Many shippers were struggling to stay afloat (or still had to appease stock holders) so they went with the cheaper options. Makes sense.

I can just make up numbers too and throw them out there.

Back From Break
The numbers I “made up” appeared on multiple news articles across the web. Nice try though. Thanks for playin.

Source?

I see 29-30% for FedEx Ground. that's what we did. And the same was projected for peak.

Overpaid Union Thug

Source?

I see 29-30% for FedEx Ground. that's what we did. And the same was projected for peak.

You still have no idea why your sources wrong. I’ll give you a hint. The dates matter.

Back From Break
You still have no idea why your sources wrong. I’ll give you a hint. The dates matter.

The dates do matter. FedEx Ground volume was up 12% for the fiscal year ending May 31, 29% last quarter and they expect Holiday volume to be up 22% over the previous year. Wow, that's 63%

Oh, wait, you don't add the percentages together, do you? Or don't you? Or do you?

I'll give you a hint.....NO.

Overpaid Union Thug

The dates do matter. FedEx Ground volume was up 12% for the fiscal year ending May 31, 29% last quarter and they expect Holiday volume to be up 22% over the previous year. Wow, that's 63%

Oh, wait, you don't add the percentages together, do you? Or don't you? Or do you?

I'll give you a hint.....NO.

There are numerous articles on the web that state FedEx volume was up 85% last year. Meaning, in the year 2020. Not fiscal year. Not whatever months you plug-in to your search. What the articles did not elaborate clearly on was whether or not they meant from the start of the pandemic to December 31 or the entire calendar year. Either way my comment, which was that FedEx’s increase in volume dwarfed hours, was accurate. No matter how badly you want it not to be.

No normal person, other than a company man or someone with slight mental problems, would debate this as aggressively as you have been. Move on.

rod

Retired 22 years
For me it was two things that happened.

Very crazy times for sure! Downfall of the company! Don't know how we got thru those times! I miss my days with a micro brake!
If you were there when Micro-brakes were around you are LONG over due for retirement. What the hell are you hanging around for?

rod

Retired 22 years
Thankfully we have a really good set up in our hub! Not one article 37 grievance filed from a worker in all the years I've been working here. As a result, we are perhaps the most productive hub in the district.
Damn--they used to tell us we were the worst center in the district. Then you would talk to someone from a different center and they would say "Damn-they tell us we are". UPS can't even get their lies straight.

Back From Break
There are numerous articles on the web that state FedEx volume was up 85% last year.

if there are that many, then you won't have a problem showing me one.

No normal person, other than a company man or someone with slight mental problems, would debate this as aggressively as you have been

I'm not debating anything. I'm saying you're wrong. 85% is hilarious.

Overpaid Union Thug

if there are that many, then you won't have a problem showing me one.

I'm not debating anything. I'm saying you're wrong. 85% is hilarious.
Look I get it. You’re a company man. Probably in the safety committee too. But you have to accept the fact that FedEx had a higher increase in volume than us in 2020 because of the pandemic. During the time you’ve wasted frantically trying to put your mind at ease by finding stats to the contrary you could have found the article I mentioned. Seriously dude move on.

Back From Break
But you have to accept the fact that FedEx had a higher increase in volume than us in 2020 because of the pandemic.

Maybe, but not 85% to 29%

The final numbers are not out yet, but it appears pretty even.

you could have found the article I mentioned

Can't find it, can you? Hint....because it doesn't exist.

Seriously dude move on.

Typical response when someone knows they're wrong but refuses to admit it.... Move on.