When did we get that 12 cent COLA raise?

LVD*4*LIFE

Hey all. I can't remember when we received that 12 cent COLA. Was it 2008?
I was just looking at the CPI-W. The May index will be released June 15.
Looking at the formula, I bet the CPI increase will trigger a COLA this year. Looks like it anyway!

JonFrum

2006, if I remember correctly.

Will the Index rise over 3.5% or so???? That's the trigger.

Negotiators intended the fine print of the Formula to be difficult to trigger so both sides could boast that the Agreement contains a COLA that protects you from Inflation. Even though the trigger would almost never actually be met.

It's a way of selling the Contract and getting more "Yes" votes, with little or no cost to UPS.

JonFrum

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.toc.htm
Not seasonally adjusted CPI measures:

The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) increased 3.6 percent over the last 12 months to an index level of 225.964 (1982-84=100). For the month, the index increased 0.5 percent prior to seasonal adjustment.

The Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers (CPI-W) increased 4.1 percent over the last 12 months to an index level of 222.954 (1982-84=100). For the month, the index rose 0.5 percent prior to seasonal adjustment.
- - - - -
If "Table 4" is the correct Index, and it rose 4.1%, from 214.124 in May of 2010 to 222.954 in May of 2011, then all seniority employees who have compleated their wage progression will be getting about a 12-cent COLA on August 1, 2011.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
...If "Table 4" is the correct Index, and it rose 4.1%, from 214.124 in May of 2010 to 222.954 in May of 2011, then all seniority employees who have completed their wage progression will be getting about a 12-cent COLA on August 1, 2011....
...and 6 additional stops added to their load!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
would we be eligible for one in 2025 if warranted or is there something in the new contract that states otherwise??

DriverNerd

would we be eligible for one in 2025 if warranted or is there something in the new contract that states otherwise??
I thought I had read no cola, due to the yearly Aug 1 raises, but can't remember exactly.
That was only for the first year of the new contract. It was bundled in with our $2.75 raise. All other yearly raises will be eligible for a COLA adjustment if the index is high enough.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
That was only for the first year of the new contract. It was bundled in with our $2.75 raise. All other yearly raises will be eligible for a COLA adjustment if the index is high enough.
Where do you read that? And what does the index have to be to trigger the cola. Thanks!

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
The index will need to be $5 eggs, $6 bread, and $6 or $7 a gallon gas again. No thanks, not for an 80 cent raise.