BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I am dating myself.... My first contract book

scx7uo.jpg

What does the Cafe say ?

-Bug-

moreluck

golden ticket member
They will be ordering those tuxedo-like delivery jackets soon.......it's retro-style and it's new again!!

rod

Retired 22 years
The Tuesday after Memorial Day 1971 was when I started full time and yes we drove P400's that looked exactly like the one on the front page of that contract book. (actually I once delivered a peak season out of a 1952 Dodge deliver truck--it kind of looked like that truck the devil drives in that movie Jeepers Creepers). It was kind of scary driving them old P400's at first with the doors wide open going down some dirt road 60 MPH with no seatbelts in them. I did come close to falling out on one occasion. I had started working part time in Feburary. Dang- I can't believe I had to work 4 months as a part timer before going full time.

Inthegame

'75. Drove that same P400 with the next 10 stops on the doghouse. Once I put the brake pedal right through the rusted floorboard but luckily didn't hit anything. In retrospect those were some great days, even if we didn't think so at the time.

CaliforniaPaul

October 1964. First car was a "J hinge", no seat belts, had micro brakes that were not too reliable. Drivers loaded their own cars and and loaded their own splits for later starters. Time clocks were in 6 minute intervals.

curiousbrain

August, 2010; imagine how ridiculous things will be if I make it to 2030, or 2040. Preloaders will complain about the inability to teleport packages, drivers will complain about delivering to planets outside of their assigned solar system, and management ... well, it's never good enough :P

edit: I wonder if the BrownCafe will still exist at that time, or maybe it will be some hyper-future Twitter group. Sad thought.

Johney

Oct 88. yea know it doesn't really seem that long ago. Half the guys I work with weren't even born yet.:wink2:

feeder05

oct, 1988 during peak....but my actual company date is jan, 1989...Going for 12 more years, remember first 20 years are the easiest

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Gosh, I have two start dates.
My first date is the day I started on this wild ride.
The second date is the day UPS purchased my seat on this ride called UPS.