When did you start with Brown ? All Welcome

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
June 1984, they actually called me on memorial day to come for an interview and I started on the 4th of June. Sept 84 as a clerk/carwash/ whatever. Big promo to pt sup in sept 86 til 1992. Driver since. OMG where did my life go!!! Ive been there over half my life!!!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I started part time on the Midnight Shift in the Atlanta Hub in October, 1975. I was seventeen and had just started my Senior year in high school, I never thought at that time that this would be my career. Those were the glory days of UPS when it was growing like crazy. I actually drove some old P400s around the building delivering irregulars to over 200 docks. I shook this guys hand once in the parking lot, his name was Jim Casey. I finally made full time package in April 1984, still running scratch every day. I have seen a lot of changes over the years, some good and some not so good.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
August 1998, I had just accepted a job at a local bank in their loan dept hours before UPS HR called and offered me a part time position on the preload. I sometimes find myself wondering what sort of life I would be leading, had I turned UPS down.