When did you start with Brown ? All Welcome

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Oct 1975. Christmas hire. Behind the wheel of a package car from day 1. Retired after 32 years. All in package car. Been lurking here about 6 years. Don't know why this thread made me join and send my first post. Just trying to give you folks hope out there that there is light at the end of the tunnel and it can be done.

An official welcome to Brown Cafe Oldupsman.
If you've been lurking for 6 years then you probably know the characters that make up BC.
Look forward to your future posts.

rod

Retired 22 years
Oct 1975. Christmas hire. Behind the wheel of a package car from day 1. Retired after 32 years. All in package car. Been lurking here about 6 years. Don't know why this thread made me join and send my first post. Just trying to give you folks hope out there that there is light at the end of the tunnel and it can be done.

welcome to the jungle----------now get busy and post some irrelevant Youtube videos--------I can't do it all by myself.

oldupsman

Thank you Hoax. Yes I know this rogues gallery fairly well. Don't think I can help you much rod. My computer skills are quite limited. Can't teach an oldupsman new tricks you know. I could barely get myself registered.

rod

Retired 22 years
Thank you Hoax. Yes I know this rogues gallery fairly well. Don't think I can help you much rod. My computer skills are quite limited. Can't teach an oldupsman new tricks you know. I could barely get myself registered.

Well even if you are unable to post videos you can still voice your opinion on current things happening at UPS----that in itself is enough to drive at least one person nuts on here------and that is basically what the name of the game is.

oldupsman

Thanks sweat. I always tried to help a young guy out when I saw he was struggling. Almost all of them were grateful for the help. Once in awhile I would get one who didn't want to be bothered so I would keep my distance. But whenever I was asked I was glad to give advice. I think most of it was worthwhile.

stealth8

Started as a Christmas hire in 1979, and hired on permantley in 1980. All full-time package car. Leaving this fall. Still love the job and my customers, (been lucky enough to have had the same rte for 30 of my 32yrs),but I have given enough sweat and blood to Big Brown and they have treated me well. Thanks to the Union, I will be able to live comfortably on my pension. The company is changing and I want to remember how it use to be, not what it is becoming. Wouldn't change a thing if I had to do it all over again. Cheers!

Re-Raise

Wow some of you guys have really been with the company a long time. I am beginning to think if we started bidding routes I might have to go back to covering vacations on this thread.:happy-very:

big idea

Hired off the street (some co-workers say i was hired out of the gutter) in oct 1979.Called back in 1980,retired Nov.30 2006.Pension and benefits are very good.

working up a sweat

Originally hired PT 9-25-97(4 weeks after strike). I applied after strike. Worked 4 years and resigned because I lost FT job and new FT job was 7 PM to 7 AM. Could not remain at UPS, because all 3 sorts could not accommodate my FT gig hours. Came back PT 10-02-09. Lost seniority, but retained pension time served credit. I wish that that my FT job company did not close in 2001. I would be FT here with a 22.3 job now with a great salary.

working up a sweat

When I was originally hired in 9 -97. I had to go to a 2nd interview with an IE guy. That IE guy is now Airline Flight Operations Manager at UPS Airlines at Worldport. He is the person who originally hired me. Mike is a good guy and was always very professional. Treated me very good in my first months there. Then he got promoted and I never saw him again until NBC did a documentary on package shipping a few months ago on TV.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Well...

This has been a fun little thread. Just wanted to say thanks, to those who posted.

If you haven't yet.... Jump in, the water is nice !

-Bug-

Leftinbuilding

Dec 3, 1973 ---- Retired Aug 1, 2009. Full time all those years. Thankful for what the hard work, for good pay, allowed me and my family to enjoy.

article22

Banned
You old farts need to retire. Can't get feeders with 16 years seniority because of these old mfers
I'll just stay article 22 if I can keep awake. Nap time

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Part time Oct 82. Still in school and was not looking for a job. Had to put my name into Job Service to continue to collect unemployment benefits. Bastards at UPS called me in for an interview and did everything I could think of to NOT get hired. Didn't work and here I am! Full time since April 84. Will retire as soon as condo in Kauai is paid off.