When do you sheet a package as emergency conditions?

DriverMD

What do you personally consider an emergency condition? Ever encounter a customer, angry that they didn't get their package on time because of using emergency conditions?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
What do you personally consider an emergency condition? Ever encounter a customer, angry that they didn't get their package on time because of using emergency conditions?

When you can't get to a house. Not plowed not a clear path to the door. Safely. Angry customer? If you put your number on your package I would call you for an alternate delivery. Yeah yeah. I know. But, I get rid of 20 would be EC stops.

DriverMD

Not plowed? I agree.

Not a clear path to the door? I disagree----if you can see the door you deliver the package.
It was one of those long country gravel drive ways on a slight incline. Everything had been matted down by the owners driving on it. Im one to walk off long driveways to avoid a back, but not this long. Walked it off today as it was pretty much thawed, and since I was sick of seeing the stop in the truck. Guy was saying how everyone else managed to get down there no problem and was pretty unhappy. Told me I was in the wrong profession if I couldn't get down his driveway. I just said "alright" and walked back while he was talking. I like to think I made the right choices in terms of what houses I've ec'd. Easy money standing there listening to him though.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
They took ec out of our boards.

Had to sheet a package "security" when law enforcement instructed me to leave the premises as I pulled up during an incident at an elementary school.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It was one of those long country gravel drive ways on a slight incline. Everything had been matted down by the owners driving on it. Im one to walk off long driveways to avoid a back, but not this long. Walked it off today as it was pretty much thawed, and since I was sick of seeing the stop in the truck. Guy was saying how everyone else managed to get down there no problem and was pretty unhappy. Told me I was in the wrong profession if I couldn't get down his driveway. I just said "alright" and walked back while he was talking. I like to think I made the right choices in terms of what houses I've ec'd. Easy money standing there listening to him though.
We were told today to look ahead, if the street looks like we might get stuck, dont go down it. Do not put yourself or your vehicle in the way of any danger or anything. Work as directed. If its meds, Ill climb through piles of snow, if its a game, or a phone, I dont try as hard. Get off your xbox, and make an attempt at showing us where the steps are. Im not breaking a leg for them.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Bet you can look at that box till spring next time. He will get the message. maroon

AKCoverMan

MD I am am all about taking care of the customer.

Having said that, if you don't feel confident that you can safely drive the "private road" to this customers house because of the conditions then I think you made the right call.

"Private road" since we of course, "stay out of driveways". :thumbup:

AKCoverMan

Sadly this could be the same kind of customer who, if you had tried to drive in and slid off the road and nicked a tree or a fence post would have scolded you for trying to drive in.