When does peak end for driver helper

The Driver

I drive.
Are you hot?

noperverts.gif

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
No I never have Typically I get a text message saying that I am working that morning maybe an hour before hand but I never got one and just assumed that I was anyway
If you worked with the same driver all that time he should have called or texted you, that's what I would have done. By contract, UPS can use Helpers until Jan. 15th. We usually use Helpers for a week or two after Christmas Day where I am. The inside part-timers usually get preference to do Driver Helper over outside hires though. My PVD Driver Helper was permanently laid off today.

Lilpay

If you worked with the same driver all that time he should have called or texted you, that's what I would have done. By contract, UPS can use Helpers until Jan. 15th. We usually use Helpers for a week or two after Christmas Day where I am. The inside part-timers usually get preference to do Driver Helper over outside hires though. My PVD Driver Helper was permanently laid off today.
Well if I were laid off would they tell me and if I am how am I getting my big 60 hour week check

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It's the supervisor or helper co-ordinator's job to tell you if you are laid off or not. In my area, I usually take the last paycheck to my helper if they want to meet me on my delivery area the following Friday. If you worked with the same driver and had a good working relationship with him maybe he will bring it out. The proper procedure is to pick final paychecks up at the building your driver works from. UPS normally does not mail them out.

Lilpay

It's the supervisor or helper co-ordinator's job to tell you if you are laid off or not. In my area, I usually take the last paycheck to my helper if they want to meet me on my delivery area the following Friday. If you worked with the same driver and had a good working relationship with him maybe he will bring it out. The proper procedure is to pick final paychecks up at the building your driver works from. UPS normally does not mail them out.
Thanks for all the information means a lot

Jackofnotrades

Thanks I thought they just got rid of me today after waiting an for my driver to show up only to text them and to find out I’m not working today when I’ve worked every possible since I’ve been hired.
The day after Christmas is pretty close to the slowest day of the year. All the business's were closed, next day air was next to nothing. Nothing was moving at all. But I would expect tomorrow and Friday will pick up and then a small slow down the beginning of the week then back to business with 450 call tags for returns