When does UPS start hiring the Seasonal Casual Package Drivers?

Jayo48

I have 2 questions about this:
  1. When does UPS start hiring for Casual Package Drivers
  2. Will 1 moving violation in the past 12 affect my eligibility to become a Casual Package Driver like it does the Package Delivery Driver position
I want to do the Casual Package Driver position this winter and hope I am eligible. I was hired for this position last year. This year I applied for the Seasonal Package Delivery Driver position, but am not eligible because I have one moving violation from a few months ago. I don't remember being asked to provide extensive info about all my past traffic incidents when I applied for the Casual Package Driver position last year.

UPS just started hiring for the Driver Helper position in my city (Seattle) and they have been hiring for the Seasonal Package Drivers, but I'm not seeing the Casual Package Driver yet.

GenericUsername

In our center we've been hiring seasonal people for the past month already. A bunch of the regular drivers are taking paid actual days going out with 5-6 hours sometimes. There's a good sized group of people who are working preload daily instead of driving. All of this is by choice so we can get some people in the center and trained so we don't have 12 hour days during peak.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
5 years ago they were training me in mid-October for peak.
We also have summer casual drivers. The start around May. You can always spot those "deer in the headlights" eyes.

upload_2018-10-21_13-25-7.png

Jayo48

Seasonal package car driver is the same thing

I got the impression that Casual Drivers, drive as needed. They're oncall so to speak. Now that I've logged in and looked at my applications, I see that the position I applied for a couple weeks ago now says Casual Package Driver, but it said Package delivery driver before which is why I was confused.

Jayo48

I'll have to do the Driver Helper this year and take the pay cut. I guess I'll get to sleep an extra hour at least. I don't really want to go to FedEx.