When Romney becomes President.......

vantexan

It works best for the privilged, like Mitt Romney. Corporate profits are at an all-time high, and the stock market has doubled since 2008. Obama? Maybe?

The stock market was over 14,000 in late 2007 under Bush. The market rebounded from a crash, but still hasn't gotten that high. Does that make Bush superior? And remember that those great profits under Obama haven't filtered to the middle class which is shrinking. Why would you want more of that? Obama? Really?

The truth is that in the panic of 2008-2009 companies shed millions of employees and used technology to make up the difference. Smaller payrolls has translated into bigger profits. If we are to put people back to work there has to be growth in the economy. The problem is well known, why isn't Obama doing everything possible to make that happen?

Last edited:

klein

Für Meno :)
The stock market was over 14,000 in late 2007 under Bush. The market rebounded from a crash, but still hasn't gotten that high. Does that make Bush superior? And remember that those great profits under Obama hasn't filtered to the middle class which is shrinking. Why would you want more of that? Obama? Really?

I'm still waiting for Romney to make a statement like you just have !
But he won't even mention Bush !
I wonder why ???!!!!

vantexan

If you haven't noticed the prior democrat Prez is on his side, and even attending fund raisers with him (Clinton).
Where is your former past prez ?

The former past Dem prez is positioning his wife for 2016. The former Repub prez is retired and not interested.

vantexan

The former past Dem prez is positioning his wife for 2016. The former Repub prez is retired and not interested.

And the Dems are desperate because they can't run on the economy. Thus all the name calling and accusations of not paying taxes, etc. It's laughable that many here think Obama will easily win. Among LIKELY voters polls are showing Romney 8 or 9 points ahead. Obama is about to get spanked just like Carter was.

thedownhillEXPRESS

When Romney becomes president it will be the year 2130 when his great great grand daughter wins as a democrat besting out GW Bush III......
In the summer of 2130 Mrs Romney finally released her great great grand dads tax returns apologizing for how unpatriotic It was of Mitt to make a zillion dollars , pay no taxes , and in fact received the 1500 energy credit for installing new windows...

vantexan

When Romney becomes president it will be the year 2130 when his great great grand daughter wins as a democrat besting out GW Bush III......
In the summer of 2130 Mrs Romney finally released her great great grand dads tax returns apologizing for how unpatriotic It was of Mitt to make a zillion dollars , pay no taxes , and in fact received the 1500 energy credit for installing new windows...

I'm curious...if Harry Reid has proof that Romney paid no taxes, why doesn't he turn that over to the IRS? Can't have someone as President breaking the law. Actually Romney has turned over last year's return which showed him paying 3 million in taxes. So Reid's assertion, made on the floor of the Senate where he can't be sued, is a lie. But Barack Obama still hasn't turned over his sealed college records and thesis. I wonder why?

thedownhillEXPRESS

If Romney has "proof" ( his tax own tax returns ) that he paid taxes, jeez, the irony is too funny!!
The democrats were 3 steps ahead on this one and the republicans bit hard...

vantexan

If Romney has "proof" ( his tax own tax returns ) that he paid taxes, jeez, the irony is too funny!!
The democrats were 3 steps ahead on this one and the republicans bit hard...

You altered my words. Your Democrat Senate Majority Leader is saying he has proof Romney hasn't paid taxes for 10 years. So, where's the proof?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm curious...if Harry Reid has proof that Romney paid no taxes, why doesn't he turn that over to the IRS? Can't have someone as President breaking the law. Actually Romney has turned over last year's return which showed him paying 3 million in taxes. So Reid's assertion, made on the floor of the Senate where he can't be sued, is a lie. But Barack Obama still hasn't turned over his sealed college records and thesis. I wonder why?

Mitt could end the whole controversy by simply releasing his taxes. One has to wonder why he doesn't. Very simple.

klein

Für Meno :)
Is everyone okay with Romneys plan for a 20% flat tax, and no more tax deductions for children, healthcare bennies and mortgage interest ?
If so, then please definitly vote for him !

France_uni_1344372102.jpg

Where top tax rate will be a whopping 75%
This European country is poised to dramatically increase the tax rate of its wealthiest citizens. How U.S. ranks