What would you have done if you didn't become RPCD?

JL 0513

I went to 2 colleges, 2 degrees, for 6 years (for design). Ended up a UPS driver and better off. I don't necessarily regret the education but I wish I knew at 18 what I would ultimately do, I'd have 10 more years seniority and saved a bunch of time.

Nah
I went to 2 colleges, 2 degrees, for 6 years (for design). Ended up a UPS driver and better off. I don't necessarily regret the education but I wish I knew at 18 what I would ultimately do, I'd have 10 more years seniority and saved a bunch of time.
Because high school guidance counselors tell everybody they have to go to college and don't tell you how much time or money you'll lose for a piece of paper that usually has nothing whatsoever to do with what you actually do.

I'm glad you don't regret your decision. Personally I regret every second I spent in a college classroom for subjects outside my major. Should've gone to trade school instead. Police certificate, EMT, mechanic, welding, etc.. would've been a lot better off.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Because high school guidance counselors tell everybody they have to go to college and don't tell you how much time or money you'll lose for a piece of paper that usually has nothing whatsoever to do with what you actually do.

I'm glad you don't regret your decision. Personally I regret every second I spent in a college classroom for subjects outside my major. Should've gone to trade school instead. Police certificate, EMT, mechanic, welding, etc.. would've been a lot better off.
With what I know and can do now, I know I'll never so much as touch my college stuff ever again. Money in the toilet.

Nah
With what I know and can do now, I know I'll never so much as touch my college stuff ever again. Money in the toilet.
I still love math so it's still a good hobby. Without that paper I'll never be able to get a job for it, but now that I'm into mining and running heavy equipment I should be good for a while.

If I knew then what I know now I would've trained to be a mechanic and weld or something.

anonymous23456

What kind of design?