When should I expect the call

Black

I was hired back in August to be a casual driver. During the last two weeks of peak I was told by supervisors and management I was doing an excellent job and was being concidered for a full-time driving position after pear along with two other casual drivers. On the 23rd on December I was called into my managers office and was told I would be the first casual brought back after the holidays. He told me he wasn't exactly sure when, it could either be January 3rd or February 3rd but I would be the first one hired back. I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone has been in this situation and how long it would take to get called back? Thanks

upsdude

Congrats!

Depends on the volume. I'd call the manager in the morning (after 10:00) and ask him/her.

Good Luck

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This will depend entirely on the area you are in and how much volume is there. It stinks that no one can give you a definite answer, but that is just the way it is. I had a great Helper for nine weeks, and he is in the same boat as you. Its hard to make plans and pay bills when there are no paychecks coming in. I wish you the best of luck and hope that everyone on HR's "Rehire List" is called back as soon as possible. Where I am at, Routes are being cut and most drivers are being sent out with over 9.5 hour days. I worked three days last week from 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM.:helpsmili

upsdude

On the flip side, we have a bid list up for 3 FT drivers. After the November time studies, time allowances have grown for every route in the center. I gained about 55 minutes, another route gained an hour and a half. The average gain was 35 minutes. An early Christmas gift to say the least.