When the volcano blows..

UnconTROLLed

perfection
1238107943_ak231.GIF

AKCoverMan

Well no volune today (Monday) but three flights made it in this afternoon. Got the call this afternoon for 0815 start on Tuesday a whole 30 mins early.

I expect chaos!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Someone told me when Mt. St. Helens erupted and the ash reached the main city, there was a run on air filters for cars and surgical masks as the ash started clogging carbs and lungs.

Start hoarding......

drewed

Shankman
Youre not supposed to change your air filter unless its completely gone bad, the ash is so fine it gets through the filter fibers right into your engine, the run on masks was like 3 months ago when it started to act all erupty.

P

pickup

Someone told me when Mt. St. Helens erupted and the ash reached the main city, there was a run on air filters for cars and surgical masks as the ash started clogging carbs and lungs.

Start hoarding......

Drewed -
Youre not supposed to change your air filter unless its completely gone bad, the ash is so fine it gets through the filter fibers right into your engine, the run on masks was like 3 months ago when it started to act all erupty.

Many years back, I watched some television show about real women police officers and some of the things they bring to the table. They pretty much agreed that they weren't generally as strong as the male police officers but had other skills that the men didn't . For example , calming down a perp without having to resort to physical violence. Anyway, some female police officer mentioned that when Mount St. Helens blew and the cop cars ( down wind ) were having problems with air filters due to the ash. She said she had the idea of putting pantyhose over the airfilter. She claimed it stop the fine ash and when it got real clogged up, all she had to do was put another pair on it. She claimed that it worked and the entire department adopted the idea .

drewed

Shankman
Drewed -

Many years back, I watched some television show about real women police officers and some of the things they bring to the table. They pretty much agreed that they weren't generally as strong as the male police officers but had other skills that the men didn't . For example , calming down a perp without having to resort to physical violence. Anyway, some female police officer mentioned that when Mount St. Helens blew and the cop cars ( down wind ) were having problems with air filters due to the ash. She said she had the idea of putting pantyhose over the airfilter. She claimed it stop the fine ash and when it got real clogged up, all she had to do was put another pair on it. She claimed that it worked and the entire department adopted the idea .

Hmm interesting....Ive never heard of that

Hawaii50

If you Alsaka workers are wondering where the Alaska planes went? Their in Honolulu according to workers on that island.