When will upsers be able to receive the covid-19 shot?

Spanky250

Not after January 20. :winkiss:

And he did fail us, no question. Good riddance.

First, I'll lead with I'm no Trump fan. At best I think he has been better than the last two clowns that held that office, but that's not a very high bar to clear.

Now with that said, in what way did Trump "fail us"? The President doesn't make laws or policy, nor can he spend money. The President's only real power is that he is in charge of the military. Some of you people seem to put way too much stock in the President.

Did someone fail us? Yes. The 535 asshats on Capital Hill. They are the only ones that actually have the power and authority to do anything.

Presidents come and Presidents go. This too shall pass.

Spanky250

Sure... Sure...

Do you work in a hospital?

Yeah, didn't think so. Yet you claim to know their procedures and policies.

Do I think it's a "conspiracy"? No. The human nature of incessant running of the mouth effectively makes large scale conspiracies impossible to hide. But what I do think, is that in typical poorly thought out government fashion, a set of unrealistic and inaccurate reporting guidelines were created by some beurocrat with a bad combover, and that is making truly accurate numbers impossible to know.

Our incompetent government friend:censored2:s up everything it touches. Why would this be any different?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You think you know more than epidemiologists and virologists and pulmonologists and ER docs. That explains a lot.

I can say the same thing about you. I get my information from experts, who you aparently think you know more than. Oops.

Guess what, not all experts agree on everything. And the ones who are in positions to make decisions about public policy are not generally the best in their fields, no matter what the NY Times tells you.

The Driver

I drive.
I can say the same thing about you. I get my information from experts, who you aparently think you know more than. Oops.

Guess what, not all experts agree on everything. And the ones who are in positions to make decisions about public policy are not generally the best in their fields, no matter what the NY Times tells you.
The experts I’m talking about don’t necessarily work for the government.

So what publications do you look to for credible news on this pandemic?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The experts I’m talking about don’t necessarily work for the government.

So what publications do you look to for credible news on this pandemic?

I like to use the NIH website, which publishes plenty of contradictory information, btw, but that's kind of how science works.

I've read the Imperial College predictive model, and knew right away that it had flaws. Even it didn't call for wide spread lock downs when it predicted 2 million deaths in the US within a short period. Keep in mind, this is the model most government agencies decided to base their responses on.

Oxford's predictive model, lead authored by Dr. Sunetra Gupta, has been far closer to the reality of the pandemic, as that model factored in some pre-existing cross immunity. As such, I have found Oxford's Centre for Evidence Based Medicine is a good source of information. Plus, you have some 50,000 + experts and clinicians who signed on to the Great Barrington Declaration, also partly authored by Dr. S Gupta, and Professors from Harvard and Stanford.

Once you take the time to learn about the fundamentals of an issue, you can gather information from any source. I simply disregard the conclusions made by journalists (as they aren't supposed to conclusions, it turns a news article into an opinion piece) and use the facts, guided by my understanding of the issue, to formulate my opinions on the matter.

I could go on about how to determine whether or not a source is credible, but we'll save that for another class.

542thruNthru

I get all my credible information from Sesame Street. They told me if we get the virus we'll all.....
0926e7ed93c64a1d68859b45c8703703.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They're still not making money on elective surgeries, because it's a disaster or about to be.

You need to stop listening to Donald Trump and accepting everything that knucklehead says.
My wife works in surgery. Her hospital is sending electives to the ortho center they run. She just said tonight we really have no business doing these surgeries here but they wont let the hospital do them even though the ICU is empty

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The head of the Illinois department of health is literally on tape stating this.

"If you die with covid you are counted as a covid death"

Our state will list covid deaths for people who had positive tests up to 3 months prior, with no clarification as to whether or not they died as a result of covid, or just happened to die some time after testing positive. Colorado had one county ME complain about two of their deaths that were listed as covid deaths because they tested positive, when they actually died of gun shot wounds.

The Driver

I drive.
Our state will list covid deaths for people who had positive tests up to 3 months prior, with no clarification as to whether or not they died as a result of covid, or just happened to die some time after testing positive. Colorado had one county ME complain about two of their deaths that were listed as covid deaths because they tested positive, when they actually died of gun shot wounds.
Outliers at best.