When will upsers be able to receive the covid-19 shot?

The Driver

I drive.
They had a couple drivers that had it where I work and they basically said it was less then a cold. They were begging to go back to work but couldn’t because they had to quarintine. Once again a * twisting words and starts insulting people when they wrong.

One of the guys I work with had it. Said he was really close to being going to the hospital. He said he was sicker than he's ever been.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's not "basically the flu".

A 41-year old Republican-elect named Luke Letlow died the other day due to complications from this virus. No known underlying health issue.

How many 41-year olds do you hear about dying from seasonal flu every year?
Oh gee that's such compelling evidence!
Lol.

charm299

It's not "basically the flu".

A 41-year old Republican-elect named Luke Letlow died the other day due to complications from this virus. No known underlying health issue.

How many 41-year olds do you hear about dying from seasonal flu every year?

This coronavirus pandemic has killed more people in the last year than seasonal flu has in the last 5 years combined.

Spanky250

Proves nothing. Have the hospitals been accused of inflating their numbers by anyone other than nut jobs?

My son works in a hospital and sees it on a daily basis. If someone is brought into the ER from an accident and dies, and bloodwork subsequently shows they were positive for COVID19, it is listed as a COVID death.

The Driver

I drive.

So COVID-19 is at least twice as deadly as the seasonal flu for that age group. My point still stands that it's a deadly virus. It's out of control. There's very little immunity out there. The federal government didn't take the lead from the very top early on. There are too many conspiracy theories surrounding it. That's all I have to say in a nutshell.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's basically the flu by your standards alone. Not by any epidemiologist or virologist or pulmonologist or ER doc who has dealt with this since Donald Trump confided to Bob Woodward that it's "deadly stuff".
Lol, there it is.
All this crying you're doing about the Kung Flu virus is actually because you're butthurt that Donald Trump is your President.

Ok, carry on.

The Driver

I drive.
I thought this virus was supposed to be done after November 3! What happened? Over 100,000 additional deaths since Election Day.

Ok, I'm done. I'm just challenging some of you guys to think a little beyond your love for Dear Leader for just a moment.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What a warped worldview. It’s all a conspiracy, these doctors and nurses and hospital administrators are all busting their humps dealing with jam packed hospitals all over the world because of seasonal flu. And suffering verified financial burden because of this and still somehow all covering it up because it’s all one big grift.

So juvenile. We’re done here.

The reason we're done is because you think it requires a conspiracy for any of this to take place. That somehow I'm vilifying doctors and nurses as being complicit in some shakedown of the people of the world. It's not that simple. Conspiracies do happen, but, on the other hand, people generally act in their own self interest while believing they are acting for the common good.

Biden himself admitted that it's "just human nature" for him to accept campaign donations from people/companies and turn around and reward those people/companies with positions in government and government contracts. Where I come from, that's called corruption.

What is happening is the culmination of many differing motivations. And most people involved think they are doing good. The nurse in the respiratory ward doesn't need to know that the pharma lobbyists were taking the FDA and CDC guys out to dinner, pitching them their best case for why only a vaccine can end the pandemic. Or that no one was doing the same thing on the other side of the argument. Or that China's Propaganda ministry is pumping out disinformation, designed to make China look good and their enemies bad, which is being echoed by media outlets around the world. She's just accepting the information she's given by the hospital administrators, doing the best she can to care for the ill, and not questioning anything. She's seen what happens to other medical personnel who challenge their bosses or the government agencies who set the rules, and her family relies on her income.

I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but there are plenty of inconsistencies in the information being presented, and even more questions going unasked. Even worse, there is an overwhelming number of people who simply accept contradictions without even being the least bit concerned about them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So where is your proof that these hospitals are grifting the taxpayers by inflating their COVID fatalities, truck driver?

Ok, to clarify, I am not accusing the hospitals of being complicit in the grift. When your hospital is not allowed to do any non-emergency treatment, and the CDC, or whoever determines these things, comes to you and says, follow these guidelines, report numbers this way, and you will get relief money for each case/fatality related to covid, do you refuse the help the government is offering because the government put you in a position of going bankrupt because of principles? Or do you just accept the help because you know the community needs a functioning hospital? Why tie the extra funding to cases, and not simply offer block grants based on need?

On the flip side, say you are a public health official who is charged with making policy to help prevent hospitals from being overrun. You figure the best way is to decrease the number of people going to them. It may have been done with the best of intentions, but at best it was a clumsy and unsophisticated approach.

When I say "they" are intentionally inflating numbers, I don't know that it's a single entity that is behind it, or that it is simply a manifestation of the complexities of the system. But the numbers are higher than they should be, the way the numbers are reported is an intentional part of the response plan, and the end result is we are taking on more debt to handle the situation than we should, hence the swindle.

I realize I'm describing 64-bit information to people with 8-bit processors, but my posts are already too long as it is. I use simpler terms to convey complex ideas, and people jump to the wrong conclusions about what I am trying to communicate. It's one of the hazards of public discourse.