When you retired what was your final day like?

Johney

Same here had 27 years. Blew out my shoulder and neck dragging the loaded handcart up a flight of steps. MRI said I needed shoulder replacement UPS said it was nice knowing you. Four year comp and settlement battle to follow.
Four year comp? Wow! We only get two years here and your health and welfare benefits are cut at one year.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Four year comp? Wow! We only get two years here and your health and welfare benefits are cut at one year.
Workman's comp limit is 500 weeks here, so basically 9.5 years. 67% of your regular wage based on the previous year's earnings. Pretty good deal.

Johney

Workman's comp limit is 500 weeks here, so basically 9.5 years. 67% of your regular wage based on the previous year's earnings. Pretty good deal.
That’s great. You’d be surprised as to how many guys on comp here seem to make it back right before the first year is up.

vvv

Same here had 27 years. Blew out my shoulder and neck dragging the loaded handcart up a flight of steps. MRI said I needed shoulder replacement UPS said it was nice knowing you. Four year comp and settlement battle to follow.
"Dragging a loaded handcart up a flight of steps?"

Sorry union brother, but I honestly don't think UPS nor their insurance should be obligated to give you a dime.

Why would you do something so damn stupid?

Best wishes.....I guess.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I left while out on disability.
Got my last D. check on the last day of the month & the next day got my first pension check + $1000 extra.
( plan pays an extra $1000/month to those who retire between ages 60 & 62 )

My last worked day was 6 months prior.
I did the whole 8 hrs combo and as I left , everyone who said "see you tomorrow" I laughed at.

{ I was having foot surgery being done later that morning }