When you retired what was your final day like?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Working at UPS is like the frog in pan of water on stove.
At the beginning everything is fine.
Over the years it starts getting warmer and warmer and before you know you either jump out or you're cooked.

he jumped. I jumped at age 58 with no regrets.
some people don't and croak way before their time.
I hear there are folks who spend 40 years or more because they didn’t plan for retirement
Just what I heard can’t confirm or deny

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Working at UPS is like the frog in pan of water on stove.
At the beginning everything is fine.
Over the years it starts getting warmer and warmer and before you know you either jump out or you're cooked.

he jumped. I jumped at age 58 with no regrets.
some people don't and croak way before their time.
1657671862200.png

HavenoEDD

Had a guy retire after 35 years. His day was the same as any other. A handful of us got through our day as fast as we could to be there when he came back to the building.

Union gave him a watch. Management gave handshakes. He loved the job and was as professional as they came.

Didn’t want to retire but he had to for reasons.

qdg2

Dude…1982 vettes aren’t cheap to run and maintain, especially in this financial climate that were in right now.
and always liked the 82. End of an era(the look) of a vette.
Same with airplanes
and know a guy waiting to buy his next plane.....waiting for a recession/depression.
Don’t even get me started on land…
2 year wait at my airport for a hangar. Looked at 5 acres here.....raw unimproved land-no water, sewer in unincorporated rural counties 1.5 hours from a medium size town....$300k for 5 acres.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

and know a guy waiting to buy his next plane.....waiting for a recession/depression.

2 year wait at my airport for a hangar. Looked at 5 acres here.....raw unimproved land-no water, sewer in unincorporated rural counties 1.5 hours from a medium size town....$300k for 5 acres.
Can’t you buy like 50 acres in the south for around 100k ??I’m looking at buying another place… trying to decide where to move… somewhere back east. gotta love choices..

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Sounds like a rip off…

qdg2

Can’t you buy like 50 acres in the south for around 100k ??I’m looking at buying another place… trying to decide where to move… somewhere back east. gotta love choices..
Maybe next to a pig farm, landfill or spent nuclear fuel depository.....

I hear new Jersey is the place to go.....back east.....

qdg2

Tell us what you know about the East. After all, I don’t know you.
Not much...I was just trying to keep him from coming here.....wink wink.

By the way, if you buy next to a pig farm.......or nuclear power plant or dump......buy upwind!