Where are the Package cars!!!

stealth8

In the Metro DC area we are already short of package cars! Twice this week we had cover-drivers waiting for cars to be returned by air drivers so they could load their splits and get out on route.

We are a trucking company and don't have enough trucks!!
If management doesn't correct this problem soon we are going to be in deep BROWN this peak!!

Any other centers going through this package car shortage??

26 down 4 to go!!!

rushfan

Hey, same thing here. Our extended driver, (the one with the "windshield route") , along with others have to wait 'till their cars get back from the early am air runs.
I did see five brand new package cars going west today on the interstate while I was at Home Depot.

We got 5 new cars earlier this summer, the rest went to extended centers..While I drive my 26 year old package car.

Congrats on 26 down 4 to go.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
We always have extra package cars. We even have around 20 or so brand new ones waiting to be put in service and sent out to extended centers, so we can have their junk...

A

Anonymous Fredly

Just ask management, there are plenty of Cars, your just not working hard enough

30andout

Hey, same thing here. Our extended driver, (the one with the "windshield route") , along with others have to wait 'till their cars get back from the early am air runs.
I did see five brand new package cars going west today on the interstate while I was at Home Depot.

We got 5 new cars earlier this summer, the rest went to extended centers..While I drive my 26 year old package car.

Congrats on 26 down 4 to go.
Rush where are you that anyone still gets out at 30 years???

stealth8

In Metro DC we have everybody going with 30yrs in! Our local pension is still pretty good, I just hope it still is in 4 more years!!! A friend of mine leaves OCT15 with 30yrs, he will get $3895.00 a month. He will have to pay $175 a month for benefits. Keep in mind that is a no spousal benefit package. He did take out a $500K life insurance policy for his wife if he "kicks the bucket" before she does.

U

ups ups ups

Mechanics in the IAM get nearly twice the pension after 30 years with the same contribution rate as Teamsters. Really makes one wonder what happened to the Teamster funds.

Many new package cars are planned to arrive in October.

If you are not getting new cars it's because the district didn't submit the paperwork necessary to get rid of the old ones.